chapter three

Jessica and her friends get to TRIC, walking in to find it pretty crowded already. They were just going to hang out at Alanna's house, but ended up deciding to come because they were bored.

They're there for about 10 minutes when Jessica sees Nathan who motions for her to come over.

"I'll be right back, guys." Jessica says, going over to her brother. "Hey, Natey." She grins, hoping she won't get in trouble.

"I thought you were just gonna hang out at Alanna's." Nathan says.

"Yeah, but, uh... we got bored." Jessica says. "It's an all ages club, we're not doing anything bad."

"You better not drink." Nathan tells her.

"Oh, come on. I'm not stupid to drink enough in front of you, Lucas, or Haley." Jessica laughs before seeing Nathan's unimpressed face. "And also, I would never. Because I'm only 14 and can't drink for 7 years." She finishes.

"Uh-huh." Nathan nods, not believing her.

"Hey, you." They hear and turn to see Carrie walk up to them.

"Hey. You look nice." Nathan tells her.

"Ah, thanks. I keep thinking it's gonna fall off." Carrie chuckles. Jessica rolls her eyes. "Where's Haley?"

"I think she's in the ladies' room." Nathan answers.

"Hey. Two shots." Carrie tells the bartender.

"How's tequila?" The guy, Owen, asks.

"Good." Carrie nods.

"I'm not drinking tonight." Nathan says.

"Do you need to use the ladies' room, too?" Carrie sarcastically asks.

"I'm trying to be good." Nathan says.

"I'm not." Carrie says.

"When are you ever?" Jessica mumbles.

"What?" Nathan asks.

"Nothing. I'm gonna go back to my friends." Jessica tells him, sending a subtle glare to Carrie, before leaving. She goes back to the booth her friends are at and sits next to Brendan.

"You good?" He asks, sensing her being on edge.

"What? Yeah. Yeah, fine." Jessica says, glancing over at Nathan and Carrie. She knows her brother wouldn't do anything, but she doesn't trust Carrie.

+++

Jared and Tamera are getting more sodas when they overhear Nathan and Carrie talking.

"Oh. You brought me a drink?" Carrie asks.

"Not exactly." Nathan says.

"What were you and Lucas talking about?" Carrie asks.