15: Hospital

Changbin's POV:

                                     I got a call from Chan that Felix got hit. It was like my soul got sucked out of me. I couldn't breathe. My eyes got teary. My vision blurred. I couldn't think straight. All I knew was that our little sunshine got hit. I started running as fast as I could. For the first time in my life, I realized that my legs were too short. Finally, I reached the hospital panting and cursing.

"Lee Felix! Which room?" I asked.

The receptionist looked up from her magazine. Her uninterested gaze turned into a flirty one. I swear I could just punch her. She leaned forward and tried to smile weirdly but I just snatched her magazine, glaring at her.

"Lee. Felix. Do I need to repeat myself?"

She just sighed, snatched back her magazine, and started searching up the room while muttering some not-so-good curse words. 

"Room 82. 3rd Floor"

I ran as fast as I could. Instead of waiting for the elevator, I just rushed up the stairs. I reached the 3rd floor and started searching for the room. I couldn't find the room but I found Minho. 

"Hey, Minho! Where's Felix?"

He just pointed at the operation theatre with his head down. I saw Chan, Jeongin, Hyunjin, and Seungmin over there so I went up to them. They were all crying. Even Minho too, and he never cried, at least not in front of any of us. I sat with them. 

Looking around, I realized Han wasn't there. 

Suddenly, I heard someone running towards us. I looked up to see a teary Han. 

He croaked, "How-?"

Chan looked up and said:

"I-I don't know. I wanted something spicy so we were going to the food stall near the park. It was r-red light and while we were crossing, a-a truck came out of nowhere. He was right behind me b-but the truck- it just slammed into him. Only h-him. It wasn't just a normal hit and run. It was intentional. Felix got t-targeted. And the doctors say that there are only 10% chances of his survival, and- and it's all my fault." 

With that, he broke down into heart-wrenching sobs. I wanted to hug him but I was in a trance.

Intentionally?

He's friends with literally everyone.

Who'd ever think of hurting that fluffy ball of sunshine?

I went forward, engulfing him in a hug.

"It's not your fault. Stuff just happens, you know, and there's nothing you can do about it," I said, but got no reply other than his sobs.

We waited for almost 3 hours. I wanted to slam open those doors to see what was taking them so long. 

(A/N: They were trying to find Helium for that damaged sunshine- ok I'll stop)

I took in the overall condition of everyone. Jeongin, Hyunjin, and Seungmin were knocked out. Seungmin's head was on Hyunjin's chest while Jeongin's head was in Hyunjin's lap. Han was still silently crying while hugging Minho. Minho had stopped crying to be strong for the sake of others because Chan was also vulnerable at the moment, but his face was pure sadness. Chan was awake, eyes red and teary, staring into nothingness. While me, I was trying to be strong too, only to fail miserably like Minho.