33: Docks

They are my roman empire, your honor. (IT TOOK A VPN TO UPLOAD AN IMAGE)

A/N: Long chapter :) 

When Chan heard daggers, he expected the traditional fancy daggers, maybe those super cool sleek ones. What he did not expect were exploding daggers.

Luna took them to another place, claiming it as a temporary meetup place, and took a trunk of daggers out. There were normal daggers and something that looked like normal daggers but a bit different.

"They explode on impact," Luna said, picking one up. "Depends on the color of these tiny gems on the hilt. White ones are gas bombs, blue ones are glitter bombs."

Chan stared at her.

"Glitter particles confuse people enough," she shrugged. "We'll also have guns, don't worry, but daggers are silent so it's better to have them as backups."

And so, for the next 2 hours, they practiced throwing daggers on makeshift targets on a wall. 

Chan learned his team was good, with average target hits being 8 by 10. He also learned that Luna was a demon with daggers; her average being 10 by 10 targets hit.

-------------------------------------------

As decided, everyone was in the docks 12 hours ago. Sneaking in was easier than expected. Luna had acquired them mystery costumes from somewhere, even if they were of questionable sizes. Everyone was in position by the time docks emptied in the evening as the workers left. Minho suspected the new workers in the lighthouses were bought by Serpents, aka Hajun and Yumi. Minho hoped they didn't get spotted by them. They might be armed but people in lighthouses might also have guns. Even worse, backup snipers.

Minho, along with Han and Luna, was sneaking to the warehouse they needed to scale within the next five minutes. They might've gotten there faster but Luna insisted they hid as far as possible from that specific warehouse, as a precaution. 

They finally reached it and decided on their spots to climb. Han squeezed Minho's hand once before going to his spot. On Yeji's cue, they started scaling. Minho took out his tiny daggers which he had gotten used to surprisingly fast enough. Two steps up and he felt blood rushing in his veins.

He had practiced in the morning with what little time he had left after dagger-throwing practice. He had tried on the place they were practicing in, on the neighboring building, a random alley near a cafe, an under-construction building near the cafe. He had practiced and felt his old senses coming back. He had felt his muscle memory kick in with every step he had taken. 

But nothing, absolutely nothing, could compare to an adrenalin rush along with fear and excitement crawling in his veins. His hands were rubbed raw from everything, the hilt wasn't the most comfortable to hold, his toes felt like breaking, and his fear of heights was hitting him hard, but oh hell he craved it all.  

By the time he reached the top, he knew he was grinning so widely he could scare off someone. But it had felt so good to do it all over again. 

Luna was already up there and Han came not long after Minho. Minho made the mistake of looking down and stumbled, held back by Luna. The next thing he felt was her whispering "focus on your feet, don't look down," and then she pushed him more towards the middle of the roof and took his old position by the edge. Minho was grateful for that.

They proceeded silently to the other side over the tilted warehouse roof, spotting the sniper on the other side, completely concentrated on the sniper and its aim.