32: Plan

Both gangs decided to meet at an abandoned garage in a shady area of the town since no side was ready to trust the other completely. It was a rainy Sunday morning when stray kids arrived there, finding it empty. They had no way of contacting the other gang so they simply waited, poking around but not finding anything.

After an hour, Shadows entered the garage with stealth no one saw coming. Safe to say, half the kids screamed when they suddenly turned around and saw someone in a dark corner with a pistol in hand.

The Shadows gathered around stray kids, easily outnumbering them. There were 25 people in the garage including stray kids at that time. Despite the initial shock, skz realized that Shadows were actually casually sitting down on the floor, not paying attention to them. Chan and Han were the only ones now standing in the middle of the room, others lounging here and there on a side on a huge worn-down couch.

Luna approached them and despite the mask, Chan saw something. Scratch that, everyone saw it. There was a long scar running down the right side of her face, starting somewhere under the bangs on her forehead and going all the way down behind that mask, maybe down the cheek. Her eye was fine and by the looks of it, the scar was very old. He decided to not mention it.

"You didn't have that scar before," Han muttered.

Luna ignored him completely.

"Sorry for our late arrival. We had to take care of something first, thus this," she gestured around at the girls and that was when Chan realized they were breathing heavily. Some were patching up injuries while some just talking amongst themselves. Only Mia and Zee looked remotely interested.

"We agree to join our groups," Chan said.

"Any rules or something?" Luna inquired.

"Yes," Chan said. He had been prepared for this. In fact, he was glad she saved him the embarrassment of having to approach the topic. "Respect of privacy."

Luna raised an eyebrow.

"We know you've done your research about us. But we'd like it to stop there. Some secrets should stay secrets-" Chan got interrupted by Luna.

"Cut to the point."

Chan was taken aback but continued nevertheless.

"We've done each other's background check. Now that we'd be working together, we would appreciate it if there's no snooping around in our personal lives." He had made that mistake once. He wouldn't let it happen again. Never.

"Let me guess," Luna said. "Trust issues? Relatable."

Chan waited, not knowing what to say.

"We accept," the Luna smiled, "but we'd like the same."

"Of course."

"And one more thing," she hesitated. "As leaders of our respective groups, I need to know a few things. First, what's your inner circle?"

"These 7," Chan said. "We 8 are the only circle and we prefer it that way."

"Ok. For me, it's Mia and Zee," she pointed at those two behind her back. Zee waved enthusiastically while Mia sighed and rolled her eyes. "Next, one thing your group avoids like a plague."

Chan.exe stopped working at that.

"It's a bit personal," he finally said after a very long pause. "We're not comfortable sharing it."

"Ok," Luna said and then turned around. "Lia?"

A girl with a laptop and obnoxiously huge headphones around her neck got up and approached them. Chan was confused about how she managed to hear Luna with those on.