25: Return

"But Chan, I promise they both are nothing like her. They're good people. I've known them for over a year. I swear you can trust them."

"Han," Chan sighed, putting down the spatula, "this isn't a hotel. It's my house, for goodness' sake."

"But they'll be here temporarily. Like, a few weeks max. They're searching for an apartment nearby. They can stay in my room," he said enthusiastically, hoping Chan would say yes, but he was losing hope.

"Listen, Han, I- I just don't know how to tell you-"

"That you don't trust me anymore-" he froze, covering his mouth quickly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-" he just sighed, turning around and hitting his head on the kitchen island.

"Hey," Chan turned off the stove, back-hugging Han. "Stop calling yourself stupid."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it," his mouth hated him and he was sure of this.

Chan turned Han around. 

"They can stay with you-"

"What's the catch," Han blurted, immediately hiding his face in Chan's neck. "I'm going to plaster my mouth," he mumbled.

Chan laughed, even if it sounded strained.

"There is a catch though. I need to talk to them first."

Han jumped happily.

"Yes Yes Yes!! I'll send you their numbers and you can talk to them and maybe we can be one big group-" 

"Okay kiddo," Chan held his shoulders, "Now let me cook. Shoo."

And so, Han shooed away happily.

-------------------------------------

It was evening and everybody was watching 'Coco' sprawled in the living room when the bell rang. Chan went to check at the door. A few seconds later, Felix's screams echoed around the whole place.

"I'M BACK, MOTHA- ouch. I MEANT MA DEAR FRIENDS!" And with that, everyone jumped from their spots, running to him. 

The next few minutes were spent in greetings, after which they all settled down to watch 'Coco' again from the start because Chae insisted it was unfair for Felix. She curled up in his arms as he settled in a rocking chair.

Suddenly, someone's mobile phone rang. The movie was paused as Han raised from his cushion and excused himself, urging the others to continue with the movie.

Han's POV:

                       I was peacefully watching the movie when my phone rang. Checking the caller ID, I excused myself, knowing it won't be a short call. I went to my room, settling on the bed. Taking a deep breath, I answered the call.

"Hey, Makato!" I said, dreading what was coming next.

"Hey, Jiji! I hope I didn't disturb something."

Yes, you did. My peace.

"Nope. Why so sudden though?" 

I know why.

"Is it final?" he asked, and I felt myself break into a cold sweat. 

It was final, sorta. I wasn't sure what to say. Chan did agree on those two moving here, and they agreed it won't be more than a month, but that convo wasn't solid. Maybe he said that just to shut me up at that moment. Maybe he'll change his mind. I was scared he would get disappointed. But I couldn't let these two friends down too. Hell, only Chan and Seungmin know about all this. I don't know what the others would think. 

Why's life so stupidly frustrating?!?

"Yep, It's final. You guys can come here whenever you want to," I replied, ignoring the heavy feeling in my stomach.

"Great! Thank you so much, Jiji! You're the best! I'll go tell Haruto. I'll text you details later."

"Yeah..." I muttered.

----------------------------------------

A/N: Hai :]

Is short, but the next one will be longer (and angsty). I'm trying to progress this story slowly. I hope it doesn't get boring.

And yeah, am back. For real this time. Hopefully :]

A tiny reminder: 

                                   The rock bottoms will teach you lessons mountain tops won't.

Am proud of you wherever you are, at the bottom or top. Love you guys <3

Words: 618

Date: 19/7/2022