20: Second Chance

(Lets just pretend that i didn't just disappear for more than a month)

(Also, thanx for 800 reads :] ) (I didn't even get to thank for 700 reads :') but i wuv u all)

(Now they r 900😭)

-------------------------------------------------------

Han's POV:

                     We brought Chae back home last night. She was sleeping so Chan carried her, but as soon as she woke up, she asked for Felix. Chan made up an excuse that he's busy, and thankfully she didn't say anything more and just passed out in Chan's lap hugging him like a koala. Honestly, she's so cute. I now feel guilty for shouting at the café that day.

After reaching home, she slept with Chan after he said that he'll treat her to ice cream. We didn't know what to tell her about Felix. 

She's just a little girl.

The next day, all of us woke up except Chae. We decided to wake her up after preparing breakfast. During that, we decided that I and Minho will go and buy clothes for her, but we won't take her with us. In the middle of our conversation, Changbin also returned from the hospital. Jeongin said he'll stay with Felix for the day. He'd leave after breakfast.

After preparing breakfast, Chan sent me to wake Chae up. While I was going upstairs, a thing popped up in my mind. 

She doesn't even know everyone in this house...

I decided to introduce everyone to her at the breakfast table.

When I entered the room, she was sleeping while hugging a pillow tightly. I made a mental note to buy some plushies for her. She was sleeping at the edge of the bed. She looked so peaceful. I sat down on the floor in front of her and took time in observing her. She had fair skin with rosy cheeks. She had light freckles powdered on her nose which I never noticed before. I reached out my hand to touch them. Her skin felt smooth under my fingers. Her freckles were like stars in the sky, which can be connected to make constellations. I touched each one of them. When I touched the one on the tip of her nose, she scrunched her nose and pouted. She looked so adorable. I realized I was smiling like an idiot this whole time. 

I gently shook her. 

"Chae~ wake up~ Breakfast is ready and running~," i said in a sing-song voice.

She slightly opened her eyes and responded in a groggy voice: 

"Bweakfas can no wun."

"What?"

She rubbed her eyes with her tiny fists and sat up yawning.

"I said bweakfast can not wun"

Oh... Did this little kid just roast my pun-

I was gonna say something funny but then she did the most unexpected thing.

She screamed. 

At the top of her lungs. 

And jumped on the other side of the bed.

My first reflex was jumping on the bed screaming, and that's what I did. I thought there was some insect behind me, or maybe Chan, but I saw nothing. She was still screaming with tears running out of her eyes. I looked at her confused but she just screamed louder and ran out of the room. I tried to follow her, but oh boy, that little kid can run faster than Usain Bolt.