30: Zee

Chan and Minho went to the hospital the next day to see how Zee was doing. Chan also wanted to return the clothes while Minho wanted to apologize. The room only had Zee, Luna, and someone Minho recognized from last night but couldn't remember the name of. 

Lia? Bia? Nia? Something like that. But then Luna called her Mia and he remembered the name.

Zee was sitting and pushing her food away while Luna was glaring at her and Mia was just sitting on the side, laughing at them silently. Only Luna was wearing her mask. 

"I'll shove it down your throat if I have to," Luna threatened, waving the spoon threateningly.

"I'd rather starve than eat this..." Zee waved her hand around the food, not being able to come up with a word to describe it. Minho had to admit those blobs didn't look appetizing.

"At least eat the rice."

"Gimme hot sauce and then we'd talk," Zee stuck out her tongue very maturely.

Minho cleared his throat.

"Hi guys," he mumbled, mentally throttling Chan for not talking.

"Hi, I guess," Zoe said disinterestingly. Then she looked at Luna and jabbed a thumb at them. "Can't see food on them. Introduce them maybe?"

"That's Chan," Luna pointed at Chan. "That's Minho," she pointed at Minho. 

Zoe's eyes snapped at Minho and he wanted to dig a hole right then and there so he could die.

"You shot me?"

Forget the hole, Minho would gladly jump out the window.

"I'm sorry about that," he gulped, looking somewhere east of her head. "I don't know, it's just-"

"Instinct, I get it," Zee shrugged and he finally looked at her. "I don't really mind a new scar. Crop top and some silver accessories and it would actually look cool."

Minho was positive his lack of last night's sleep was catching up to him. His ears had finally given in to his brain and decided to retire early. Now his brain was being insufferable and embarrassing him in public. 

"But," Zee continued, oblivious to Minho's internal panic. "There's something I might never forget you for."

Minho's body was betraying him as she stared him right into his eyes. His heart rate sped up, stumbling upon itself, while his ears flushed red hot. He hoped his hair covered them. And his neck. And his cheeks. 

"This," Zee pointed at the food in front of her, "I'll never forget you for this monstrosity I have to survive on for the next week or something."

"2 weeks," Mia supplied helpfully and Minho had to resist the urge to hide behind Chan.

"Umm," Minho rummaged through his pockets and came up with a half-eaten pack of gummy bears, "I have these?"

He extended it forward as a peace offering and ignored Luna's glare and Chan's giggles. He could kick him later. 

Zee took them gladly and clutched them to her heart, wiping a fake tear.

"Thank you," she popped a few in her mouth and deflated with happiness. 

Minho thought she was adorable.

The next few minutes were a blur as Chan returned the clothes and thanked them and Minho just stood at the side, trying to ignore Zee munching on gummies. She'd occasionally catch his eye and smile at him, and he would flush redder. 

Chan pointed out his red face with so much concern when they reached the car that Minho wanted to laugh. He just dismissed him with a smile, not sure what else to do. They stopped on the way for something and Minho realized they had to pick Chae. 

They went shopping after that since schools were opening soon. Yoona had asked them to send her to the same school but it had its own risks, so they got her school changed, all documents arranged through a friend of Chan's. That guy knew half the population of the country.

They also had to get groceries since Han's friends were moving in with them for a month. Minho had suggested they turn Chan's house into a hotel. He, Han, and Felix had even come up with details like nightly cost, chores assignment, and everything in between. Chan had just asked them to respectfully shut their mouthholes.

Grocery shopping was a bit of a mess as Chae was tired after her shopping and kept bumping into things. Minho and Chan had to alternately carry her as the cart was not made for her age. At one point, when Chan had her on his shoulders, Minho realized the stark resemblance in their facial features. 

It was cute.

In the car when it was dark outside and they were headed home and Chae was asleep in Minho's lap in the backseat, Minho decided to speak.

"What's bothering you?"

Chan just sighed. Minho was sure Chan would shut him out but maybe he decided against it.

"I don't trust them," Chan muttered.

He didn't have to specify but Minho knew he was talking about Han's friends.

"No one does," he whispered to Chan, not expecting a reply but was surprised by one.

"Why do you not trust them?" Chan questioned.

"Their records are way too clean," Minho muttered.

Chan hummed in reply. They then fell into a comfortable silence.

---------------------------------------------

Han and Minho went to the roof like they sometimes did to clear their minds. They just lay in silence on the mattress they kept on the roof for this very purpose. 

That night, the sky was dark and void of stars, the moon nowhere in sight. 

That night, Minho found himself feeling everything and nothing at the same time.

That night, Minho looked at Han wondering if they'd stay the same forever.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: I know this one is way too short but I'll make it up in the next chapter (hopefully).

WATTPAD AND I HAVE BEEF BECAUSE IT'S NOT LETTING ME ADD PICTURES.

Date: 7/2/2024.

Words: 943 (shortest yet I think)