22: Portrait

(When i first saw Chan in miroh, i thought he was scary....)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chan's POV: 

                        I opened the door to reveal the police. There were 7 people, one of them holding a missing poster for Chae. I was internally panicking. I hope Hyunjin tells the others about this fast. I needed to hold them off for a while, giving Seungmin some time to hide her.

"Yes sir. How may I help you?"

"We are currently looking for a little girl that has gone missing. Her parents have issued an order and we have permission from the government that we can check every house in the city. It would be better if you cooperate with us and stand aside."

I needed to stall them for at least a minute.

"How can I be so sure that you're the real police and not just some robbers trying to trick me?"

The one in the lead took out his badge and showed it.

"Here. Now step aside."

I stepped backward, letting them all in. They entered and randomly went around in the house. I hope Seungmin hid her already,

And hid his existence too just in case...

All others were looking towards me while I just gestured at them to let me control it all. It was all going smoothly until...

A police officer came into the living room holding Chae's clothes.

"Excuse me sir, but whose clothes are these?" 

I started panicking internally. 

I hope others still remember their acting skills or we'll be doomed. 

I racked my brain for an acceptable excuse.

"These are my little cousin's who visited us 2 days ago but forgot her clothes."

"Oh really? Do u have any proof?"

"Yes, I do."

I hope I do.

I searched my phone gallery for pics of my friend's daughter. She was also around Chae's age. At last, I found two pics of her and showed them to the police officer. He looked convinced; must be a rookie. After some time, all the officers came back. 

"Well, I'm sorry for bothering you, sir."

"It's alright. You were just doing your duty."

"Thank you for understanding."

And they finally left.

I turned around to see all of them looking at me.

"What?"

"Can we sit now?" asked Hyunjin.

"No. Stay standing till tomorrow," I replied with an 'obviously' look.

All of them collapsed together. Poor couch.

"Now what about Seungmin? Someone call him and ask him to return," I said.

Han called him and he came back after a while. His looks told where he went. Chae didn't look horrified. She was asleep on his shoulder. Han suddenly squealed loudly, scaring us all.