18: Promises and regrets

(THANK YOU GUYS FOR 500 READS!!!!)

Felix's POV:

                       I kept running without any specific destination in mind. After an hour of continuous running, I saw a familiar figure sitting under a tree in the park with a small girl on her lap. 

Yoona and Chae.

I went over to Yoona, slowly as if my speed would make her fly away. 

"Can I sit here?" I asked. 

She just looked over and then quickly turned her head down. Her eyes were red and puffy. I wanted to give her a hug but then I remembered the words I spat out at her today. I felt ashamed. A lot.

On receiving no response from her, I just sat down beside her, maintaining a little bit of distance. I turned my head to her and realized that Chae was asleep. Her eyes also looked puffy. That poor soul must have been scared out of her wits.

There were so many things on my mind that I wanted to tell her, but as soon as I opened my mouth, my vocal box gave out. I didn't know how to start. What to say. How to say.

"Was it really you, Felix?"

I raised my eyebrow. 

What was she talking about?

I couldn't even read her face cuz she was looking at Chae, caressing her cheek.

"The night before the day you returned me my pen. Was it you who was trying to peek in through the window?"

I thought no one saw me...

"You know, you're not very stealthy," She chuckled.

"Hey! Don't make fun of me. It wasn't my fault. I was just a bit....curious."

"And you shriek like a little girl," She said giggling.

Now I feel offended.

"Hey!"

I started whining. Why was she making fun of me? Wait a second-

How is she still laughing?

"I don't shriek like a little girl! But I'm not here to get roasted. I wanted to apolo-"

"Stop."

She interrupted me. Her face looked emotionless.

"Just stop. No need to apologize. Yes, I made mistakes. Now it's time to face them."

"No, it isn't. And you didn't even let me complete. I am here to apologize and for justification."

She looked at me with a confused face.

"What justification? It was my fault. Full stop. There isn't anything more."

"There is, and I know it"

She sighed and looked up. The weather was cloudy. Like rain was coming.

"How much do you already know?"

This question took me by surprise. I didn't know what to say, so I just decided to come clean and tell her the truth.

"I saw how you snatched Chae from your.... father," I said quietly, observing my shoes. I decided to keep Han a secret for now.

Btw, my shoes look dirty. And they are a bit old. I should buy new ones soon- 

I finally gained enough courage.