26: Distraction

Chan sighed for the millionth time that day. It had only been 3 hours since he woke up and he was already done for the day. He glanced at the clock and groaned, falling back on the couch. He was feeling frustrated, his head being too loud with all the thoughts running around faster than a toddler and 6 grown-up men rushing all over the place while playing.

He rubbed his face, thinking about something to do to distract himself, even if he knew it wasn't easy. Suddenly, he felt someone poke his side softly. He looked up to see Minho with a huge goofy grin.

"Get up, Gramps."

"What happened, Minho?" he asked, sitting up, smiling at him.

"Nothing," Minho shrugged, jumping next to Chan.

"Did anyone get hurt?" Chan asked, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Not yet. But I think they'll be fine."

"Speaking of them, are they upstairs?"

"Backyard. It's easier to play there."

"Hmm."

Both of them sat together in comfortable silence with Minho resting his head back and Chan picking at the threads of his sweater, and Chan was thankful for it. For this comfortable silence between them. The fight they had a few days ago was something Chan expected, but it still hurt him. More than he could imagine. The mistakes his immature self had made were coming back at him. It wasn't like he was proud of them. Hell, he would love to smack his past self in the face with a chair, but all that past, all those mistakes, they were a part of him. And all that played a huge role in maturing him.

But that fight. Oh God, it scared him so much. And all he was going to have to say to his members sooner or later scared him more than that. All of them might show him the same reaction as Minho did. He was stupid in the past, after all. He didn't want to ruin all the happy vibes of the house. All these kids were his family now and the last thing he wanted to do was to make them sad. It had been so long since they laughed and ran around like that. He didn't want to go ahead and destroy it all.

"Chan?" Minho said, startling him.

"Y-Yeah?" Chan replied.

"Too many thoughts?"

"Yeah."

Minho immediately stood up.

"Let's go for a walk," he said, extending his hand towards Chan, who hesitatingly accepted it.

Both of them put on some sneakers and took a windbreaker because of all the clouds outside. They informed Seungmin about leaving and left the house with no destination in mind.

Around 20 minutes later, light drizzling started but both of them kept walking in that, enjoying it. Finally, Chan broke the silence.

"Thank you. For bringing me out and coming with me."

Minho bumped his shoulder with Chan's.

"You looked like you could combust on the couch out of sheer frustration."

Chan chuckled.

A few minutes of silence passed after which Minho spoke.

"Hey, Chan. You know I don't hate you, right?" his voice was a little above a whisper.

Silence.

"I know," Chan whispered. "It's not that. Just..."

He wanted to dig a hole and jump in it. Minho was the last person he wanted to talk to about that matter. He could feel his mouth turn dry with every passing second, his thoughts turning into a hurricane.

"Listen, Chan," Minho whispered. "I'm sorry for that day. I acted recklessly and created a mess. I'm sorry for that. And if what you're thinking is anything related to that stuff, then you can freely talk about it to me. I won't get mad or anything."

The light drizzle continued its pitter-patter as both of them made their way into Starbucks, Minho dragging Chan in there. After getting their drinks for which Minho paid, they both came out again. The drizzle had ceased and a cool breeze was blowing, making the atmosphere chilly.

Minho had an iced drink while Chan had a hot drink. They both went to the nearest park and sat under an umbrella shelter on a bench. Sipping their drinks, they felt contented. But there was still something hanging between them. And even if both of them felt that tension, none of them tried to resolve it.

That's until Chan started speaking.

"Yes," he said, observing his shoes intently. "It's all related to that matter. That's why I didn't want to say anything."

"If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine. But if you do want to talk about it, I'll be here to listen," Minho said, looking anywhere but towards Chan.

"Remember Kim Hajun and Jeong Yumi?" Chan spoke slowly, scared of Minho's reaction who just nodded, his face morphing into that of disgust. "They're active again."

Minho froze.

"I still have connections with some people, you know, and they told me that he's active again. But his targets aren't the same as before."

Minho relaxed.

"But we have other things to worry about."

"If it's not related o those two, it can't be bad," Minho replied, sipping his drink.

"It's about Yoona."

"Oh."

"I think it'll be better if I discuss it with everyone together tonight. At dinner."

"Might ruin the night though," Minho chuckled. "But it's fine. We can find a way. We always do."

Chan smiled, looking at Minho.

"You've matured a lot, Minho. I'm proud of you for it."

-------------------------

It was dinner time. Most of them were done with their food, playing rock, paper, scissors to determine who'd put the dishes in the dishwasher and clean the table. Chae was exempted from the game so she just giggled watching them play. At last, Changbin had to do the dishes.

"Dwaekki loser!" she shrieked, laughing along with everyone.

After Changbin had loaded the dishwasher and Jeongin had put Chae to sleep, they all gathered in the living room, just as Chan had asked them to. They all settled on and around the couch, cuddling each other cuz personal space who?

"So umm," Chan stated, "I need to talk about 2 different things today."

No one said anything, waiting for him to continue.

He took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry beforehand, but the first thing is about Yoona and the second is about Kim Hajun and Jeong Yumi," he said quickly.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey :]

Would've written more but I'm tired and it's getting late and I need to go to sleep, so a cliffhanger :D

Also, you girl passed her driver's test finally :]

A tiny reminder:

Time never makes you forget, it makes you grow and understand everything. Maturity comes slowly, with time and experience. Every single event of life shapes your personality and no matter what, all you can do is embrace it all.

Take caree!!!!

Byeeee!!!!!

Words: 1.1K

Date: 20/7/2022