[Keep Talking] Last Boss/Takatora Samura

Warnings: Swearing, people tell you to shut up and are generally rude. As always, feel free to tell me if I missed any

"And then I went in and-''
"You're talking to much. Be quiet."

"There was a really long climb-"
"Do you ever shut up?"

"Oh! And there was a really pretty-"
"I stopped listening like... the second you started talking. Shut the fuck up for once."

You had only smiled and nodded, walking away from the people you called friends. You were just excited to talk to them about what had happened throughout the day. Of course, you weren't meaning to annoy your 'friends'. You were simply just a person with too much on their mind.

You couldn't sleep as you had a meeting in a little bit, so you decided to just start heading down. You put on a smile so no one thought anything was actually wrong, and started walking towards the meeting room. The last thing you wanted was for people to feel bad for you.

You stared off as you were walking, staying aware of everyone around you. There was really no one memorable around the Beach. Everyone was mostly all the same. Worker ants for the king of the Beach. Go out, risk your life, bring back cards. It was a constant loop. All the people were dressed the same, clad in bathing suits, and some even less than that. You liked the energetic things at the Beach though. Well, the music. That was one of the things Hatter had tastes on in your opinion.  The only two people you could think of other than Hatter who were interesting and different were Last Boss and Niragi. But, you also valued your life enough to stay away from them. Although, your position as an executive member didn't work out for that.

Of course, Last Boss had noticed. He always saw you stare curiously, eyes tracing over his body as if to make sure he was real. At first he was weirded out, but then realized be had a hibit of staring at you. Maybe it was the way you would talk excitedly about any topic. But he also noticed the short moments before you put on a fake smile for your so called friends. He didn't hear what they would say, but he could tell it bothered you. Observance was something he was quite good at. Although, that being said, it didn't matter how much you stared, he could see the way you avoided him. As if you were scared of talking to him. Which, in his mind was very much understandable, but also made him question you more.

You pushed open the grand doors that lead into the meeting room, to see that there was only one other person there. One of the people you tried to avoid, yet couldn't help but be drawn to. "Hi Last Boss," you greeted, sitting down in a chair, looking down at the table. You never knew his real name, and he probably would never tell you, but you very much doubted that was his real name. You heard him say something back, and looked up. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. What did you say?" You asked. 'Is she mocking me or did she genuinely not hear me?' He thought to himself. He shook his head, repeating his words, "I said hello. I was just responding to your words."

You nodded, an awkward silence taking up the room. There was also a feeling of tension in the air, as if he wanted to aproach you as much as you wanted to aproach him. You groaned internally, knowing making small talk would be the only way to break this feeling. "I guess we're both quite early, no? How are you today?" You asked, trying to break the silence. "I'm ok. Not dead, so that's a good thing, I guess," he responded. It made you laugh. The sound of your laughter filled the empty quiet, and you decided to sit closer by him. You stood from the seat you had taken at the end of the table, walking over and sitting in the seat next to him.

Your laughter confused him. He wasn't trying to be funny, he just said whatever he was thinking. "You're funny. I always used to think you were kind of scary, but interesting. Like where you learned how to use your katana, how you decided on those tattoos and all. What you did bac-" you rambled, stopping yourself, remembering what other had told you. You didn't want to bore him, or talk to much. You might actually have a chance to be friends with someone. "Why did you stop? You were talking, weren't you?" He questioned. Your eyes widened. "You want me to keep talking? Um... anything you want to hear about?" You asked, smiling widely. "About yourself?" He said. This was a test of sorts for him. Would you be a total narcissist and go on and on about yourself, or would you say a little bit and move on? "Well, let's see... My name is (L/N) (Y/N), I used to be a librarian... I love books, and could talk for hours on end about any topic except myself. That's about it for me... I'm not very interesting, " you responded bashfully. You passed the test. You didn't go dragging out the conversation about yourself.

"A librarian huh? What kind of books do you like?" He asked. Your eyes lit up. "I love all kinds of books. Fantasy, non-fiction, historical books. Any book you put in front of me, I will enjoy. Books and articles where people talked about their passions and went on about them were my favorites. I love hearing about people talking about their passions, their goals, their dreams, their favorite person. I would love to listen to someone ramble for hours about whatever nonsense they could come up with. Especially if it's something they hide from others. I would love to hear about every nerdy or geeky thing they wanted to talk about. Talk to me about that period in history, talk to me about your idol, talk to me about science, mountains, oceans. I don't care, as long as long as it's something they care about, I'll listen," you said, finishing off your rant. Your eyes widened, realizing you'd rambled. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to go off on that so long," you apologized. "No... it's fine. What about your favorite book?" He asked. If you could go off that long talking about just anything, you would definitely be entertaining. He wondered if what you had said was true. Would you really listen to anyone talk about any topic?

"My favorite book? I don't have one... I've read so many, and enjoyed them far to much to pick a favorite. Every book is different from each other as humans are. Of course, they can have similar concepts, but no two books are exactly the same. I love all books. Now, my favorite genre would have to be fantasy or fiction. Everything I read one of them, I feel I'm transported from my regular boring life, into a world of excitement. A world that serves as an escape. I guess that's why I read as well... to escape. Say, do you enjoy books? Or do you not particularly like reading? Or do you prefer writing? I've always wondered what it's like to be a writer, in control of what they write. Of their own little magical escape. A place of their own making. Did you ever wonder what would happen if you died without anyone having a memory of- sorry, I've done it again, I really do-" you rambled, stopping yourself again, before getting interrupted. "Keep talking. I like hearing you talk," he interrupted. You laughed, shaking your head. "Very funny. No one likes me talking. Don't I talk to much?" You questioned. "I wasn't joking. I like you talking, and you don't talk to much. You talk just enough," he said. You looked up, into his eyes. He wasn't lying. Was this what it felt like for someone to appreciate the conversations you had? For someone to listen without being rude? Was this what it felt like to be listened to? "Thank you... It really means a lot to me. I do have one question though," you said, your hands fidgeting in your lap. "I'll answer only if you say you'll keep talking. About whatever you want," he responded. "Ok, I promise... If you don't mind me asking, what's your real name? I know you go by Last Boss around here, but I really would like to know your proper name," you asked, looking at him. "Takatora Samura. Now, we have a deal... so... keep talking please."

Sorry if it's really short!