Library Love [Byakuya Togami]

In case y'all are like wtf this isn't AIB content😡

I know
But I just finished the game and even though the fandom is toxic af I wanted to write about him bc if I were in the killing game... first I'd be psychoanalyzing the FUCK out of him. Second I'd make fun of him.
Also I'm not gonna start Danganrompa one-shots bc the fandom kinda dies and comes back and somehow it's more toxic than the last time??

Anyways here you go-

He is very much OOC(out of character) but it's ok bc.. this is for funsies!

You walked around almost aimlessly. You were in shock from the last trial, and honestly just needed to hide some place.

As the ultimate psychologist, you knew that later the remaining players would be knocking at your door, begging to speak with you. But right now you wanted to go somewhere quiet.

The library.

You found your way there, quietly opening and closing the door.

You turned to face the, what you presumed to be, empty library and let out a small noise of surprise.

"I apologize... I should have remembered that you prefer to reside in the library..." you muttered, a dazed look in your eyes.

A simple hun of acknowledgement left the lips of the blonde man.

"We always meet up here. Although, I expected you to be a few more hours. After all, everyone needs to talk about their poor little feelings," he scoffed.

His piercing blue eyes gazed up at you as you went to find a book.

"You look like shit," he commented.

You were in a daze. Nothing seemed real.

"Guess I do," you mumbled.

You resembled a zombie, dragging your body over to the shelves.

"What? No clever quip? Cat got your tongue?" He teased.

You grabbed a book and sit down on the chair across from him.

This was usually your routine. After a case you would both come here the day after and just read.

You would make comments and he would reply with a short laugh or add onto it. Or maybe you two would talk. The two of you had gotten along fairly well, working quickly to solve cases. Your minds worked quickly and efficiently.

Although right now, your mind felt like mush.

"How's your little therapist stand going?" He joked, not looking up from his book.

"Ok. Some people visit more than others," you responded quickly.

You kept reading.

He noticed you had not even flipped a page and felt something was off.

It wasn't in his normal nature to care for people. But you were an exception. An anomaly.

"You've been staring at that page for the past fifteen minutes. Is something plaguing your thoughts?" He asked hesitantly, unsure of what to do in this situation.

You nodded tiredly. The book you were holding was placed down, barely being payed a second thought anyways.

An awkward silence filled the room as Byakuya thought about what to say. He had never been comforted much less comforted someone else.

"Uhmm... w-what is wrong?" He stammered, cursing himself for his unconfident tone.

"Everyone else. They all seem to forget that I am but one woman and sometimes their issues are too much. Back before this even I had a therapist who would help, but here it is me and me alone helping everyone and I am just so sick of-" you rushed out your words, your eyes quickly filling with tears out of frustration.

Byakuya got up from his chair and left.

You were shocked, but it was to be expected of him. He didn't do well with other people's feelings. You hadn't meant to rant like that, it just came out. You sniffled, and just cried quietly to yourself. The mascara you had put on your face in an attempt to make yourself seem alive was running down your face as well.

You lay your head down, and closed your eyes, a headache quickly taking over. You groaned.

The door to the library opened about 15 minutes later, creaking slightly.  You quickly straightened yourself out, sitting uprights, and wiping your face.

To your complete surprise, there stood Byakuya Togami, holding two cups with steam rising from them.

He walked over quietly, placing a cup in front of you before taking his own seat. It was tea. Then you heard the shake of a bottle that he placed in front of you.

"Ibuprofen. I know you get headaches after your pointless tears," he mumbled, looking away.

So he did care.

"Thank you," you said, softly grabbing the bottle and taking two.

A new kind of silence filled the room as the two of you drank your tea. A comfortable understanding silence. There was no need for words when you were having a whole conversation just through your minds alone.

He had never liked being around "peasants" as he was taught to despise them really. But you were different. You didn't push him to know more about him, you could keep up with his attitude and his quips. Even more importantly, your mind was running at the same speed as his, if not even faster. He liked you. He had known of his feeling for a while, but was too proud to admit them.

You let out a sigh of satisfaction.

"This tea is perfect almost like you knew I use-"

"Spiced Chai with two big spoonfuls of honey and a little bit more "for luck", and you add a splash of (milk of choice). Sometimes if you feel like it you add vanilla," he interrupted.

You looked up in shock. His eyes were everywhere but on you.

"You can be a real ass sometimes... but I'm glad to see you care," you whispered with a smile.

"Don't get it twisted. I don't care. But seeing you in such a state was annoying and interrupting my reading," he defended, crossing his arms.

What a bad liar he was. Even he admired that to himself in that moment.

You got up from your seat, going to the seat next to his. If you thought to much about your next actions, you would never do it.

You leaned your head onto his shoulder. You felt him stiffen up and suck in a sharp breath.

"What do you think you're doing?" He said. Although, he made no move to actually get you off of him.

"You are getting better at receiving affection," you noted.

While you still had your bravery, you quickly grabbed his hand. He sighed, and wrapped it around you as his other hand picked up his book.

The fact he did not reject your advances made you smile.

"(Y/N), you are one lucky person," he mentioned nonchalantly.

"And why would that be Byakuya?" You questioned.

"Well, I don't give my heart out to just anyone," he said.

"What?"
"You heard me. Do not make me repeat myself."
"I love you too."

"Thank you."

Hahahahahahahagdjen

Ok, he's ooc, I don't care, I just wanted to write for another character that wasn't AIB im so burnt out bro😭😭