Marko drabble - You have a fear of heights

A/N - Marko reacting to you being afraid of heights // short ❤❤❤

 -----

What a night to discover a new fear of yours. The bark dug into your flesh as limbs clung to the sturdy but swaying branches, a disgrace to monkeys. It was all you could do to stay relatively calm. Well, maybe you weren't as calm as you thought.

One slip, one wrong move and that’s how high you will fall. Didn't your classmate fall from the roof that onetime and had to use crutches for months? Christ, what if you landed on one of your mother’s fancy bird fountains?

“I'm not coming down, I'll fall!”

The windows remained dark, a sure enough sign that your parents hadn't woken up. If they had, despite being a college student, it wouldn't be good. The moment was almost enough to break you from the current problem at hand, being a few feet up from the ground with no clear way down.

“Come on, I’ll catch you.” Marko called out, a slightly quieter tone than your own frantic voice carried.

It was a battle of yes and no, but Marko was proving to be more persuasive and stronger willed than you. His large eyes hadn't strayed from your tense form among the branches since you found yourself in this situation. That’ll teach you for trying to sneak out of the house again, or at least for listening to Marko who suggested the tree.

“You better!”

Marko giggled at that, you weren't usually so feisty towards him.

“Scouts honour.”

“You weren't in the scouts.”

“Sure I was.” He countered, “Enough games, come down.”

The wind whooshed by as you slowly let your heavy body drop. For a split second you thought he might not catch you in time, a small fear rearing it's anxious head. Of course this was Marko and Marko had been coaxing you down for the past 15 minutes, so it didn't make too much sense as to why you were suddenly doubting him.

“Got you, you big baby.” Marko cooed affectionately, his arms wrapped under the bend of your knees and around your back in bridal style.
“I'm not a big baby, I almost fell to my death there.”

Marko shook his head.

“As if I would let that happen, doll face. Now come on, the boys are waiting for us.” Marko began to walk around the dark garden, smiling as he dismissed your mention of him not putting you down.