Pregnancy series (Lost Boys) David Headcannons - Finding out

A/N - Gonna do a few of these! Also I know the likliness of a vampire getting either another vampire or human pregnant is literally 0-none but I don't care lol Will pop the others out later when my coffee kicks in ❤❤❤

-----

- I think it goes without saying that being a vampire means having an advantage over being human, that being: mind reading, strong senses and a whole plethora of abilities. That being said, David is likely to figure something is up the moment you have another new smell to you. It wasn't that he wasn't worried when you began throwing up on a daily basis but the second smell was really the tell tale sign.

- Instead of coming straight out with his suspision, David would ask Max first if it were even possible. Sure the smell was similar to both yours and his natural smell so to speak but another thought could easily plague his mind: what if it wasn't his. He might seem a little cooler than usual until his mind is at ease, but he is only worried- not that he let's you know. The only way you know what's been going on is when he shows up with a pregnancy test asking you to humor him.

- Well shit- it seems you were pregnant after all. Regardless of your reaction (Crying/confused/angry/happy) David is right their with you. Of course he would like the baby as it's his brood but he also knows that it's your body and if you did decide to go through with it, he would need to let you know about the possible risks. Having a baby with a vampire posed risks and some were fatal so I feel David might try and suggest drinking from the bottle or alternatively from him to prevent a possible death. Then there's also the research gaze. There's diddly squat written about vampire pregnancy except in literature but fuck it if he doesn't read it all anyway. Dwayne comes in handy when it comes to getting his hands on pregnancy books in general seeing as he's good with the owners of both the library and the most popular book store in town.

- Speaking of... the boys have a blast when they are told the news. Paul has to be reminded not to hug you so tightly whilst Marko needs to be told to quit spinning you around. The boys can be a bit rough as that's what they're usually like but it's all a learning curve to them. Dwayne takes up the secondary role of making sure you and the baby's wellbeing is good whenever David needs to go feed or when something calls for him to reluctantly leave you with the boys. Paul loves throwing baby name ideas at you whilst Marko has already started fashioning punk style baby wear as your baby shower gift for his niece/nephew.

- Very protective of you and straight up insists you sleep at the cave or he at your house. David lives for making you comfortable and wants you to consider the cave a safe place- more so than usual. It would probably be the only time where he gets the boys to clean their shit out as to not trigger your nausea nor risk you taking a tumble. Additionally, the nest you already have in the back will be expanded. Like one night you two decide to call it a night and as soon as you step into the little nook where you sleep is, it's just a whole ass mess of blankets and anything soft.

- Overall David is a bit shook that this could happen but after the initial 'How is this possible?'he is like a second shadow. He never knew what raising a baby was like- if you didn't count his toddler sister from a while back. Nonetheless he grows excited through the process, rubbing your belly and waiting on you hand on foot- or simply getting the boys to get what you crave. It's an anxious but overwhelmingly happy moment in his life as he cares for you and your expectant baby. "I wouldn't have it any other way, sweetheart."