Pregnancy series (Lost Boys) Dwayne Headcannons - Human mate dies during birth

A/N - A quick upload before I finally get to sleep, also if anyone wants to suggest any ideas for pregnancy headcannons feel free to ask! ❤❤❤

-----

·       Dwayne had been hands on and precautious through out your pregnancy. There was nothing he hadn't been prepared for, even the heart breaking despite his lack of focus on the bad. Overall he was unsure of what to expect given it wasn't a normal birth. It seemed like the perfect time to have you turn the moment you both found out but he respected your wishes enough to let you turn when you were ready.

·       Instead of the blood, you had insisted on staying human along as possible despite the strange symptoms you experienced since learning of your pregnancy. Sunsets were a comfort of yours to watch whenever the baby wasn't draining your energy in the mornings or whenever Dwayne had released his sleepy hold on you.

·       Dwayne had spent the pregnancy learning enough about normal pregnancies up to the point where he helped you make a birth plan- unfortunately it meant staying in the cave when you got to the 7th month mark. If you craved a certain food, either Dwayne or one of the boys would gladly get you it in bulk. Everything else had been provided so that you were covered and he even went as far as to sleep in your shared nest every night as well as stick himself to yourself whenever he could.

·       Unfortunately, his books and preparation hadn't prepared him for when things took a turn for the worst. He had to leave you in the care of the boys to go feed and as luck had it, that was when your water had broke.
·       Despite his hurry back to the cave, he had missed the initial stages of labour and his instincts kicked in. Dwayne would growl at the boys around you only to calm down once he was at your side. David was trusted to help between your legs but even he knew that Dwayne was going to want to be there.

·       Dwayne hates seeing you in pain with nothing he can do. There was an overwhelming stench of blood along with clothes stained red under your rump. It seemed their couch was getting a redecoration. The first thing Dwayne does is allow you to squeeze his hand to deal with the pain along with going over breathing exercises. He makes you look into his eyes as he coaxes you through it, hypnosis making it's way to the surface but only slightly to relieve some of the burden of labour. For someone under pressure he was awful quick to remember the plan and what you agreed he could do.

·       The baby squeezes itself slowly outside of your painfully stretched entrance to the point where Dwayne grows worried. The skin colour didn't look normal and then there was a cord, it was wrapped around the babe’s neck causing more stress. Dwayne would curse, warn you and ask the boys to take over letting you squeeze their hands.

·       With a quick apology, he gently grips the cord and with a slanted nail, he cuts the fleshy binding as clean as he could. The baby was free all you had to do was push he insisted.

·       Dwayne knew it wasn't over yet, a few laboured pushes later and you began to whimper, your breathing becoming worryingly irregular. You weren't getting enough oxygen and before he could prevent it, you had passed out. It’s a tough decision but he knew then that you were beyond labour. Urging his baby out he quickly handed the babe to Marko and pressed his forehead to yours with his eyes closed. Reaching out through the very thin mate bond was his last resort before the bottle. He tried to call out to you but it wasn't working. “Please. I know you're in their. Come back, awaken, princess. I don't want you to miss this- our girl.”

·       Only his plea is met with the grim hand touching his shoulder and David trying to break the news, “I don't think she's coming back.” He stated gently, knowing how close Dwayne was to snapping. The emotions were high and the possible news threw him into denial. Dwayne wept into your neck, arms wrapping around you to hold you close. He had acted too slow and blamed himself.

·       It lingers with him after the respectful burial the boys had given you. Since then, he had kept all of your possessions and held onto a few locks of your hair just to torture himself with your scent. He knew mates could reincarnate but it wasn't the same. The next mate he comes across wouldn't truly be you.

·       In the end Dwayne internalizes his grief so that he can hold himself together for the baby- your baby. The boys can only do so much and despite their wariness around the brunette, he held firm that he wanted to be there. Dwayne would stick with the name you had picked along with making your favourite flower as their middle name before giving his last name. It was a perfect name, one that was both bittersweet and also a loving connection between the three.