Poly Lost Boys Headcannons - S/O who loves plants

·       First of all your house looks like a jungle, too much green and hardly any indoor furniture. They were like your babies and the second Paul tried to fiddle with one of your exotic plants, you had accidently snapped at him not to touch it. Of course you apologized right away and explained that they were easy to break. After that they understood the whole look don't touch- to an extent.

·       David is not trusted with helping you grow more. Knows what propagation is but it just too lazy to remember the steps. That's why when you ask if any of them would like to help you water them, his go to response is, “I'll hold them for you.” Hey it’s still help? Just not him having to guess how much water goes to which of your numerous plants. Once accidently put a cigarette out into one of your terrariums by accident. There was no green and the soil looked to dark and low for him to assume you had anything growing in there. Of course he apologized and you ended up moving your coffee table plants to the window sill.

·       Dwayne is one you assumed would be more helpful and he is but still, if you left your baby with him, it would still have a chance of dying. So instead he asks questions about them, where you got them, basic care and laughably, “What do they do?” other than that, I can see him helping with the decor, moving the heavier ceramic pots around for you and even making beaded decor to wrap around one of your more sturdy plants.

·       Paul straight up has a black thumb and he gets sad about it. He is also the most excited about what you are doing and every time the boys come over, he never fails to compliment the growth of the plants. Also ends up nicknaming them all. That nicknaming also lands on you and the boys. Paul calls himself and the boys the plants’ “daddies.” And you get called the “Yummy green mommy.”

·       Marko makes little jumpers for your ceramic pots. Although if you have a venus fly trap? Guess who’s suddenly Mr.Miyagi? Catching a fly with chopsticks? “I got you babe.” Your venus fly trap likes him after he provides most of his food. That can't be said for David who at one point kept teasing it by placing his finger in it's mouth and pulling away just as it was about to close.

·       It’s a relaxing atmosphere which is why the boys end up preferring to  chill at your place than the cave on most nights. They won't admit it but they find the greenery refreshing and watching you care for them makes them feel at peace- even if they annoy you by pinching your bum or fighting over the TV remote.

·       In the end, the boys are sweet and you could tell they liked your interest. It was one night you decided to stay at the cave that they showed you their little gift. It had been Paul and Marko having out a huge pot with an already grown plant. One that you had been keeping an eye out for since forever and they had somehow gotten their hands on it. “Surprise! Paul knows a guy.” One of them says but doesn't elaborate on the sketchiness. They just like seeing you happy and if that means a little bit of research with terms they don't quite understand, then it's worth it.