• prologue •

💫

"i guess you didn't mean what you said in that song about me..."

•••

Lisa was exhausted. She spent almost the whole day practicing for their comeback and her body wanted to give up on her. As days pass by so quickly, the management required them to practice extra hours until they are able to deliver better performances compared to their last comeback.

It's not that they didn't do good before. The management—and them too, just wanted to show their fans "more". To show them an improved version of BLACKPINK and also prove to them that through hard work, they can live up to the status of being a "Global Idol Group".

She turned to her watch—a gift from the brand she currently representing, and saw that it was already half-past eight. She couldn't help but smile because it was earlier than what she had promised Sehun.

Oh Sehun—yes, the one and only Maknae of South Korean National Boy Group EXO, has been her boyfriend for the past three years. Not many people know about them—well except maybe for their bandmates, both their management and few selected idol and non-idol friends.

Their story wasn't exactly unique as they met each other through a common friend and eventually hit it off. Jaehyun bugged her to go on a "group date" with him, Sehun and Chaeyoung. The guy who she had met through Bambam and Ten, has been eyeing her best friend ever since he had laid his eyes on in during an award show. He was just too much of a coward that he needed someone else present in order to stop him from pissing his pants or making a total fool out of himself. Or whichever comes first.

But jokes on him 'coz no matter how great of a guy he was, Chaeng didn't outright entertain him due to her best friend being traumatized from dating a co-idol. Who was the jerk who broke the Park Chaeyoung's heart? None other than the one and only Jeon fucking Jungkook.

Ever since that worldwide superstar ghosted Chaeyoung, she had never seen eye to eye with that conceited motherfucker. She even punched him in the face after having the misfortune of running into him in an after party organized by Yugyeom and Eunwoo. He had the nerve to be enjoying himself in that party while her Rosie was stuck in their apartment crying. Sucks for him 'coz she's been taking kick-boxing lessons ever since pre-debut.

It also sucks even more now 'coz her eonnie, Jisoo, is dating his co-member. Though Chaeng says she's alright, she still can't hide the feeling of being extra jumpy around the guy. Makes her want to punch him every time they cross paths.

"Well, that was quick," her manager said as he helped her carry her stuff. "Looks like you're really excited to finally get a night off."

"Of course, eonnie!" she blurted out rather enthusiastically.

She's been really looking forward for this day since forever because not only is today her only break after three whole months of working tirelessly for their album and individual schedules, but it is also her and Sehun's third year anniversary.

"It's our anniversary," she whispered cheekily. "Three years! Can you imagine that?"

Her relationship with Sehun wasn't exactly perfect. They had their fair share of ups and downs but they've overcome all those easily as they had what other couples struggle to have. Good communication. Also, they were tight friends before they both decided to take it to the next level.

"Um... Eonnie?" she clung on to her manager's arm. "Can we stop by the bakeshop in front of the apartment? I want to buy Hun-nie­ something. It's been quite a while since I've seen him and stayed at our place."