• 4 •

💫
"I used to think that we were
forever ever ever..."
•••

"C-Can you please leave?"

Lisa's voice was so soft that Jungkook almost did not hear her. But since they were at close proximity with each other, he was able to get what she just said. Also, he heard a soft crack on her voice.

He did not know what to do in that very situation. But hearing the helplessness and fear in Lisa's voice made him want to stay.

"Lisa—"

"P-Please," the girl pleaded. He could see tears slowly trickling down her cheeks. "I... I need to be alone."

"No," he said firmly. "No you don't."

Though he's scared of the girl 90% of the time, he did not want to leave her in that state. She was shaken—terrified even, of the news that suddenly rattled the whole social media.

Jungkook found himself wrapping his arms around the girl who so happens to lose strength on her knees. He was able to support her and help her sit by the couch.

Dispatch. Those social piranhas just can't seem to mind their own business. They know nothing about the stress, pressure and sacrifices idols suffer just to reach their dreams so it's so each for them to ruin it for a quick buck.

But in this case it wasn't just for a quick buck.   Since it was two members from the Big 3, they're talking millions.

Lisa was crying. It wasn't the type where she's screaming or wailing but this was scarier. She was quiet and just staring at nothingness as her tears freely fall down her puffy cheeks.

"I..."

Jungkook couldn't seem to phrase out words. What does a guy say to a girl who's currently on the top trending list of almost all social media platforms here and abroad for a dating scandal? And top top it all off, it was with the same guy who just cheated on her.

Sucks, right?

"I know I'm the last person you want to be here with you right now..." He started. His voice was kinda shaky but he tried his best to make it stable. He even gently patted her on her back. Awkwardly. "But... You can't expect me to just leave you here in this state."

Lisa did not say anything and just continued to cry silently. His hand raised a bit to gently brush the girl's short dark hair. She smelled like strawberries with a hint of banana. Quite a weird mix but with her, it works.

Jungkook did not even realize that his warm embrace grew tighter.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Lali."

The girl was oblivious as she drifted off to sleep. 

•••

"Soo, stop taking pictures. You're disturbing them," a man's familiar soft voice was suddenly audible.

"This might not happen again so I'm taking photos as evidence, Joon," a girl's voice replied. That one was familiar too. "Aren't they cute together? I should've realized this sooner. I've been paring the wrong Bangtan member to our maknae!"

Jungkook's forehead creased. What was Jisoo noona and Namjoon hyung doing in his apartment?

Well, whatever. He needs a few more minutes.

"Five more minutes, hyung," he mumbled as he tried to roll to his side.

But he couldn't. It was like there was something heavy on top of arm. Actually, he can't even feel his hand. It felt numb.