• 14 •

💫
"you just forget sometimes
so promise me you won't..."
•••

Lisa woke up the following day like how she usually does. Her arms stretched upward and yawned. She felt her throat was a bit sore and her body suddenly felt painful on several parts. It was then she realized someone sleeping next to her bed.

Jungkook was seated on a chair while his upper torso was leaning in on the edge of her bed and his head was resting on his crossed arms. She felt a bit uncomfortable just seeing him in that position.

But first, what was he doing here?

It took a couple more minutes before she remembered the events that took place last night. The bathtub. The screaming. Jungkook saving her.

Her mouth opened ever so slightly as she tried to reach for Jungkook's face before closing it again and recoiling. She bit her lower lip before looking away.

What did she just do? How did she even end up in that state? She was just taking a bath and... she closed her eyes tightly trying to rake her mind of the possible reason why she almost drowned herself.

Lisa carefully slid away from her blanket and quietly made her way towards the kitchen. She knew Jungkook was a heavy sleeper but given the position that he was in didn't really guarantee her from a fool-proof escape.

But she did. And now, she scouring her fridge for some ingredients to make him a decent breakfast. It's the least she could do after possibly scarring the poor guy for life.

Again, she heaved a sigh. 

As she prepared the ingredients to make Jungkook some pancakes, eggs and bacon, she noticed that a glass cup was missing from the dish rack.

"That's odd..."

She made her way towards the rack but accidentally bumped the mixing bowl off the kitchen counter creating a loud crashing sound across the apartment.

"Lisa?" She heard Jungkook's voice from the room. It was then followed by footsteps and the the door bursted open. "Lisa!"

"Hey Koo—"

She was caught off-guard when Jungkook suddenly hugged her so tight. Like he was relieved or something.

"Thank God you're okay..." he muttered as he buried his face on the crook of her neck. His arms pulling her in tighter. "Thank God..."

"I-I'm fine, Kook. I just dropped the bowl..."

Still, Jungkook refused to let her go.

"Kook, I'll just cook breakfast..."

"We can just order," he said almost instantly. "You need to rest. Or I can just do that for you."

"No, I can manage," she insisted.

But Jungkook did not let her ague about it as he scooped her up and carried her back to her room.

"Jungkook, I said I'm fine—"

"No, you're not!" he cut her off. "You almost died, Lisa! I almost lost you! I saw you drowning! And it's all my fault!"

Lisa's mouth flew open when Jungkook suddenly cried. In front of her. She felt her heart get ripped out of her chest and shredded to pieces. She did that to the poor guy. She made him cry.

"Kook..."

Lisa reached for Jungkook's hand and held it tightly. His head lowered as his shoulders moved up and down.