• 6 •

💫
"if you wanna be my lover,
you gotta get with my friends..."
•••

"Chaeyoung! Wait Chaeng!"

Lisa ran after her sister who just stormed out of the door. Jungkook can very much apply aloe vera on his own. Chaeyoung is far more important right now.

"Chaeng!" she called out again and tried to grab the girl before she gets on the elevator. "Park Chaeyoung!"

"What, Lalisa?" the blonde girl blurted out. "What do you want?"

"It's not what it seems—"

"It's not?" Chaeyoung scoffed. "Come on, Lisa. I'm not that naive. You two were clearly flirting with each other."

"Did you even hear what we were yelling about?" Lisa exclaimed. "We were arguing! And that'a not flirting!"

"You didn't see what I saw, Lisa," she countered. "You two were clearly flirting. You two even have nicknames for each other."

"Manobutt and Jerkook?" Lisa questioned. "Friends does that!"

"Since when are you two even friends? I thought you hated him?"

"Well, he did save my life, Chaeng," she defended. "Plus he just came over to check up on me with this elaborate scheme that involved sunbathing—"

"He's flirting with you," the girl said with finality. "Can't you see? He is! He clearly likes you that's why he's trying to get close to you! And when you fall for him, he's ghost you and you'll get heart broken again! I don't want to go to jail for murder!"

Lisa froze as she finally realized why her best friend was acting strange around her and Jungkook. She was just looking out for her. She forgot how Chae got her heart broken by the very same man who's currently consuming her whole tub of aloe vera.

Chaeyoung was close to tears. She was breathing heavily as she tried her best not to cry like a baby in front of Lisa. But can you really blame her? She loved that annoying best friend of hers so she didn't want her to commit the same mistakes she did. And that was falling for that childish charm of Jeon Jungkook.

"He's not flirting, Chaeng," Lisa said softly and held her best friend's hand. "He's just being a good friend. Just like you are."

"But I'm not trying to get inside your pants," the blonde girl muttered making her chuckle.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," Lisa said sheepishly. "Remember the last time we both got dead ass drunk?"

"Well, it ain't my fault you make out with the nearest human being when you're shit drunk," Chaeyoung chuckled. The tension a while ago slowly starts to fade. "But I'm not gonna lie. I did like it."

"See?" Lisa grinned. "You are trying to get inside my pants. Only difference is, you can and he can't."

"I won't be so sure about that," Chaeng replied with a pout. "He's a nice guy, Li. That's why girls fall for him all the fucking time! He's lethal. You'll fall for him faster than I could say I told you so."

"Trust me, Chaeng. I'll never fall for Jungkook."

"No, you will," the girl insisted. "And I think you already are. Maybe because you're vulnerable right now or Jungkook's womanizing skills are working overtime."

"Come on, Chaeng. You and I both know that I'm not the type who readily jumps on a relationship just because a guy flirts with me," she stated. "I've been in a relationship for three years. I think I'd rather be single for now."