• 13 •

💫
"i can't breathe, i'm so weak,
i know this isn't easy..."
•••

There are two things that Lisa realized when he saw Jungkook with another girl inside the café.

One, is that she really did like him. A lot. She wanted to run over to that girl, grab her hair and pull her away from her man. Also punch said man for cheating on her in broad daylight.

She never claimed to be nice. Nor non-violent.

But she didn't do any of that. Instead, she just walked towards the exit—passing them. She ignored him and just walked out the door with Jinhwan following her holding their drinks.

"Hey Lis! Where are you going?"

Which leads her to the second thing she realized upon seeing Jeon Jungkook with someone else.

They're not together. Yes, they fool around and act all couple-y and stuff but they're not officially together. They haven't even fully established what they feel. So who was she to claim that he's cheating on her?

But he is a traitor, of course.

"I need to go back and practice—"

"Lisa! Wait!"

Her ears perked as she heard Jungkook's voice calling from afar. That made her walk a bit faster. But her attempt to escape was all in vain as the guy was able to catch up with her.

"Let me explain—"

She scoffed. Explain? Why? He doesn't even need to because they're just friends. It's pretty clear. Also, she knew from the start that Jungkook was just a friendly guy. Chaeyoung already warned her. Jungkook also said it himself that his kindness was often misunderstood.

Friends fool around too, right?

"Hm? What for?" Lisa asked catching the guy off guard.

"I uh... I just..." Jungkook scratched his nape. "I know you're mad. Hyung just needed someone to fill in for Yoongi hyung 'coz he was asle—busy. Um... yeah. And I couldn't really say no 'coz—"

"Relax, Jeon," she said and smiled. "I'm not mad. Why would I be?"

"I..."

Jungkook blinked. Twice. As if he was reading her thoroughly. But she just stood there, looked him in the eye and smiled.

"You can date whoever you want to," she simply said then shrugged. "It's not like we're dating or something. We're just friends, right? See ya."

Jungkook was left frozen on his feet as Lisa walked away. Jinhwan—who he recognized as a member of the idol group iKon, heaved a sigh before following the girl.

"Lisa," Jinhwan said as he caught up with the girl. They were already near the YG building that was a few blocks away from the café.

Lisa turned to face the guy and she was already crying.

"Lis..."

Jinhwan open his arms and the girl ran to him crying. He wrapped his arms around her and gently patted her back. It pains him to see his sister like that. And she's been through so much.

He wanted to tell her that he should've listened to the guy's explanation. Not that he's siding with him but at least for her peace of mind. He knows that she'd overthink things again and it might put a toll of her mental health.

Lisa's one of the strongest and bravest girl he knows. She's been through so much since she came to Korea. At a very young age she managed to overcome language and cultural barriers, been through the rough idol-training life, wait for years to debut, debut and receive harsh criticisms, become successful and be racially discriminated and now... this. Two heartbreaks in a row.