• 17 •

💫
"a friend to all
is a friend to none"
•••

⚠️warning: YG new CEO bashing.⚠️

•••

"Why can't Dispatch just mind their own fucking business, huh? And of all people, why do they keep dragging Lisa into this?"

Lisa just sat their quietly as Jennie ranted about the current scandal Dispatch released. It seems that someone taped Sehun getting into her apartment building that night he forced himself on her. She just can't catch a break, can she?

"Lisa and Sehun are members of two of the biggest groups in the industry. Not only that, they also belong to big 3 companies so the news of you two dating is like a nice big pay check for them," the new female CEO calmly explained. "It's a business. We cannot do anything about it."

"Can't? Or won't?" The brunette spat raising an eyebrow at the older woman. "Just so you know, sajangnim, we've been on the industry for a long time. We're not totally clueless with the transactions that happens between Dispatch and entertainment companies. It's funny 'coz Lisa and Sehun had been dating for three years and yet no news of them dating that time got out. But the moment you stepped in, this happens."

The woman—who seem to be in her late thirties, also raised an eyebrow calling Jennie's challenge.

"Are you insinuating something, Miss Kim?"

"I am not only insinuating. I am accusing you of cutting funding on feeding those mindless social piranhas." The girl crossed her legs and stared daggers at the woman. "We know Yang sajangnim was giving those press people—especially Dispatch, a monthly stipend for our protection. Now tell me, what happened? Why did they suddenly focused their energy into targeting Lisa?"

"You are indeed one clever girl, Miss Kim," the cunning woman gave them a smirk that just made them even more pissed than they already are. "Yes, we cut ties with Dispatch as of this quarter reason being that we can just keep continue, in your own words, feed those social piranhas. The company had been experiencing some financial difficulties and I think bribing the press due to the carelessness of our artists should not be our concern."

"What?!" The girls—excluding Lisa, all blurted out. The youngest just scoffed like she already knew what the evil woman in front of them was about to say.

"We are your artists! You should be protecting us!"

"You're not our only artists," the CEO countered. "Do keep that in mind."

Lisa had been in a meeting with the woman twice now due to the problems Dispatch had been stirring on social media. She already theorized that this might have been the case that's why she's been the center of all recent controversies involving idols. But today, she just confirmed it.

Wicked that woman may be, but what she said had a point. Half a point. It is true that they shouldn't give in to the demands of those so-called journalists because it's like they're just giving them the power over them. But the other half, she strongly disagreed.

Why wouldn't you protect your artists? The very ones who work hard just to put money inside their bank accounts? If they get ruined because of this, they are the ones who would lose millions out of this.