• 22 •

💫

"i don't know why all the
trees change in the fall...
"

•••

"We wanted to go public for a while now so... yeah. We traded with Dispatch. Sorry if we made you guys worried," Jisoo said as if the new of them--Jisoo and Namjoon dating, did not just shock the whole industry but social media as well. "The shots were taken a few years back that's why they looked a bit old."

After receiving the call from Chaeyoung, Jungkook immediately woke Lisa up and told her what had just happened. Photos of Jisoo and Namjoon on various dates were released by Dispatch that day and it was immediately followed by a confirmation from HYBE. Their three-day vacation was cut short and they had to drive back to Seoul immediately. 

"Eonnie, traded for what?" Lisa asked. "Did you... did you make a deal with Dispatch to protect me?"

He knew Lisa would instantly feel guilty after hearing what Jisoo had just said. But judging from Jisoo's smirk and Namjoon's boyish grin, there's something more to this dating confirmation. 

"Maybe," Jisoo said. "But it's more like hitting two birds with one stone because..."

The girls--and guys, gasped as soon as the eldest member of Blackpink showed everyone her diamond ring. An engagement ring. 

"Eonnie!"

"Holy shit!"

"Oh my God!"

"Wow. That's one big rock!"

"That must've cost at least a billion won."

It was chaotic. Kind of. But a good kind. HYBE did not announce the engagement yet but they did say that Jisoo and Namjoon had been dating for years now. There were tons of backlash from anti's but it was overpowered by the love and support from both Armys and Blinks.

Since Namjoon had always been open about possibly falling in love, settling and having a family, it eased a lot of their fans a bit to the news. Many have been heart broken, of course, but they were all supportive of the two. Also, shipper accounts went wild and even dug up old videos of Namjoon sneaking glances at Jisoo during award shows and some reaction videos of Namjoon while Blackpink is perfoming. 

"News about you and Sehun won't be a problem now since Dispatch agreed in exchange for our dating news," Jisoo said shrugging. "And since you're with Jungkook now, you're under HYBE's protection so you don't have to worry about future bomb drops again." 

The four girls hugged each other as they all fawned over how big the diamond was and asked for details about the proposal while the boys all congratulated their leader for finally popping the question. 

Jungkook knew about his hyung's plans months ago but due to Blackpink's comeback and Bangtan's, he didn't have the time to arrange a formal proposal yet. Their leader had always thought of proposing to Jisoo since last year but was a bit wary since he didn't want to get in the way of Jisoo's career. But seeing as the girls will be taking an indefinite hiatus until they sign with a new company, it seems like now was indeed the right time for the proposal. 

"It was the weirdest proposal ever," Jisoo said chuckling. "He set this fort up in our living room and we watched a movie. Then I think it was an edited one 'coz midway, the movie changed into something different. A video of him saying all these sappy stuff before doing the Love, Actually thing."

"The one with the cards?"

"Yes."

Three girls, including Hoseok and Jin, squealed making Jisoo shield her ears and Namjoon chuckle.