• 18 •

💫

"it's one step forward and three steps back..."

•••

"Hi, Lisa. I'm really glad you decided to grant our request," Junmyeon—more widely known as Suho, said as Lisa sat on the chair across his. He turned towards their manager and gave him a quick nod before he went to the counter to order the girl a drink. "First of all I'd like to apologize for what Sehun did to you. I'm sorry about him cheating and him assaulting you."

"You don't have to apologize on his behalf, oppa," she said and smiled. "You're not to blame for Sehun being a total idiot. That's all on him."

"Still, I should've kept an eye on him closer," he sighed. "I mean, you know he's not like that. He's a good kid. I just don't know what's been up with him recently that turned him into this."

"He said I wasn't there when he needed me," Lisa supplied.

For the past three years they've been together, Sehun was great. He was understanding, funny and real gentleman. That's why she fell for him on the first place. She's not some idiot who just falls for a guy just because he's good looking and rich. She's already both of that. She wants substance. She wants personality. And Sehun had those qualities. So it was really a surprise to her when she found out he's been cheating.

"What? He said that?"

She nodded in response.

"I didn't know he's been going through something rough," the older guy wondered. "I mean, yes, we all are pretty busy but he always open up about things in our group chat. He's not really the type to hide things from his hyungs. You know how much he can be transparent. And if he did have a problem, cheating's not the right way to solve it."

"Apparently, his stylist was there for him when he wanted company," she muttered then rolled her eyes. "Or something like that. He fell for her or something."

Junmyeon heaved another sigh.

"I'm really sorry, Li. Also, sorry for bringing it up again. I just... He's like a brother to me and you're like a little sister. I love you both and I still can't believe he'd do something like that," he explained which she did understand. "And of all people, it was you. You're the sweetest girl I know. I'm angry at him for doing that to you but he's still my brother."

"I understand, oppa. You don't have to be mad on my account," she assured him. "I mean, I'm eternally traumatized by it but I've moved on. I'm a strong, independent woman and there's nothing or nobody that can break me."

"Still, I apologize. And I know the damage our maknae is currently bringing you and your group." Junmyeon then placed a sheet of paper with some writings on it and gently pushed it towards here. "Here's the statement SM had drafted. They all wanted to publish this as soon as possible but I told them that we should wait for your company's response first. But seeing as YG did not have any comments, I thought maybe I should go to you directly instead."

Lisa's forehead creased as she carefully took the paper from the table. Her mouth fell wide open as soon as she read the context.

"Hello. This is SM entertainment. Recently, the news of our artist, EXO's Sehun had been photographed entering an apartment building in Nine One Hannan where it has been reported that a fellow idol, BLACKPINK's Lisa, currently resides. It is true that our beloved maknae had been to the complex that evening to visit said female idol as they have become friends and became fond of each other for a few years now. The previous report stating that the two were seen together are true. Please watch over them in good faith."