• 24 •

💫
"so we'll piss off the neighbors
in the place that feels the tears..."
•••

"I've wanting to talk to you for a while now," Sehun said as the sat across each other at a nearby café. "But I can't find the right time. I guess I should've just let fate do the scheduling for me, huh? Of all places and chances, it had to be in a foreign place and for work."

Lisa did not laugh nor react on his lame attempt to joke. She folded her arm and just stared blankly at him making Sehun cleared his throat.

"So... what I'm trying to say is that, I'm really sorry, Lisa." His voice was low and full of sincerity. She knew him well and Sehun wasn't the type of person who apologizes half-heartedly. "I apologize for everything I did and said. I'm sorry for cheating on you and using that lame excuse just to justify my actions. Also, I apologize for forcing myself on to you that night. I know I can't take it back but do know I never intended to hurt you like that."

Lisa did not respond but she did relax a bit. To be honest, when she agreed to talk with him, a part of her already knew that he was going to apologize. Aside from the fact that he cheated on her, Sehun's a nice guy. He treated her well for the past three years and he was the ideal boyfriend.

But things happen and just like how the old saying goes, nobody is perfect.

"Why," she then asked. "Why didn't you tell me you were receiving death threats?"

Sehun looked genuinely shocked at her question. His forehead even creased.

"You... you know?"

She heaved a sigh before nodding. "Ra Yeon told me. Even slapped me when you went MIA."

Sehun bit his lip and then sighed.

"I apologize for Rayeon's behavior. I haven't seen her for a while so I had no idea she did that to you. I'm really sorry."

Lisa shook her head sideways.

"It's fine. She was upset. And she was frustrated. She loved you so much, you know. You screwed up."

Sehun awkwardly chuckled and scratched his nape.

"Yeah, I did," he acknowledged his mistake. "I hurt you both and took you guys for granted. I really am sorry. I know I shouldn't blame this on anything but I can't say that the fact that I feared for my life and yours made me make choices that I'm not proud of."

"Why didn't you tell me, Sehun?" she asked. "Why was it so hard to tell me yet Rayeon knew?"

"At first she had no idea but she saw the fan mail," he started to explain. "I've always received death threats from trolls and sasaengs so I didn't think much of it. But when I got into an accident, I started to get paranoid. Especially when they said that you're next."

Lisa's mouth went agape. "Why, though? Why was this sasaeng trying to kill you?"

"Because she knows," Sehun heaved a heavy sigh. "She knows that we're dating and she wants me to stop seeing you. She threatened to hurt you too if I continue being with you."

"But you didn't break up with me back then," she said. "I mean, she wanted us to break up but you didn't break up with me."

"I loved you so much, Lis. I wanted to hold on to you as much as I could and protect you but... but it got worse and I... I couldn't take it anymore."

Sehun's eyes started to water.

"I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. I'd always check the news if something happened to you. I'd ask your manager where you are and check if you're doing fine. And then I became lonely and miserable. I became a total mess and I... I snapped," he wiped his hand across his face as though he really ashamed of what he did. "Rayeon was there with me and one thing led to another..."