• 3 •

💫
"and i know it's long gone and that magic's not here no more..."
•••

"You think they'll notice we already left?"

Lisa's voice was still a bit wobbly but at least she managed to talk what happened earlier. She forgot that aside from running into Jungkook, there was still a chance she'd run into Sehun since he too lived in this neighborhood.

Though she did not care about him nor his stylist anymore, of course she'd still feel affected seeing them together.

"Bambam and Mina?" Jungkook then said. He was holding her hand tightly as they were walking back to her apartment's building. "I don't think they would. But fuck them, right? It's payback for tricking us just so they can meet."

"Wow. You're quite despicable aren't you?" she commented while giving him a side-eye. "So much for you being their friend."

"I'm surprised that you think I'm just despicable after punching me three years ago," Jungkook countered. "Didn't you say that I was... a fucking monster who feeds on innocent girls' broken hearts?"

Oh. So he still remembers that.

"Well... you were," she immediately defended. "You ghosted Chaeng. And I've heard you did that to SinB and Umji too."

"Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not just the relationship type of guy?" Now it was Jungkook's turn to defend himself. He didn't try to before that's why it kind of shocked her to hear him counter her claim.

"Then why flirt with them on the first place?" she blurted out and folded her arms. "I mean, of you're not interested on being in a relationship with someone, why bother waste your time talking to those girls?"

"I was just being friendly." Jungkook mimicked Lisa as he too folded his arms. "Does talking to girls equate that I want to be in a relationship with them? Or that I like them? So does that mean me talking to you right now is a declaration that I'll marry you some day?"

"You know that's not what I meant," Lisa said while rolling her eyes. "Talking is different with flirting. All those good morning messages and have you eaten texts are sending signals to girls that you are concerned about them. And that you like them. This thing between us is talking. More like arguing, to be honest. Totally different things!"

"How would I know if arguments turn you on or not? I can read minds, you know."

Lisa can't even tell whether the guy in front of her is being sarcastic or not. Nevertheless, their arguments was close to being pointless now as neither one of them wanted to concede.

As they reached the lobby of her apartment's building, she noticed that there were quite a few residents outside. Good thing she was wearing her mask and trusty bucket hat. Jungkook's hair, however is quite exposed as he had no cap on.

"Hey. Thanks for helping me, by the way," she said as they stopped in front of the elevator.

"It's fine," he answered. "Us monsters like to play hero once in a while."

That one, she knew, was sarcasm. She squinted her eyes at him not knowing how to respond to that. And being the lucky one, the elevator door opened just in time for her to make a quick escape. But it looks like the guy wasn't letting her slide.