• 1 •

💫

"you see you can't just play with people's feelings..."

•••

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way, Li. I... I'm really--"

"T-This... This is a joke, right?" Lisa tried her best to stay calm. She couldn't really process much and her brain was currently denying what she had just saw. "A prank for our anniversary? The ones like on Youtube?"

"Lis..."

"I-It's funny, Hun-nie," she stuttered. She tried to compose herself by clearing her drying throat. Also, her heart was beating so fast and loudly that she can't seem to get a hold of reality. "G-Good one!"

"Lis, I--"

"Joke's done now!" Her voice a little too high-pitched. She couldn't quite control it and even if she did try, she would just end up crying. "You got me, love! You got me good--"

But Sehun wasn't laughing. He couldn't even look straight at her.

"L-Love? Sehun-nie?"

"I... I'm really sorry, Lis," he muttered. It was more of a whisper but she did hear it clearly. "I love her. I-I love Rayeon."

Right. The girl was Han Rayeon. His stylist. The girl who was the root of some of their arguments for always calling him in the middle of their movie nights. The girl who's been with him for the past few months while she was busy with work. The girl he told her not to worry about.

"W-What..." She felt her stomach churn and her legs slowly losing its strength. "What are you saying, love? Is this part of the prank? You're a really good actor but, this isn't funny anymore."

"Lalisa..." Sehun heaved a sigh. "I'm really sorry. I tried to fight it, I swear. But you were busy and... and she was there. I... I couldn't help it. I'm sorry."

Hearing her whole name coming from his mouth was the trigger for her tears to fall uncontrollably. It wasn't a joke. This wasn't a prank. It was real. Sehun... Sehun whom she loved and adored for years--someone who she thought loved and adored her as much, had betrayed her. He cheated on her because she was too busy for him.

"Y-You couldn't help it?" Her voice cracked in between her sobs.

"Lisa..."

Sehun tried to step closer to her but on instinct, she stepped back. That made him stop and heave another heavy sigh.

"I didn't know how to tell you--"

"So you chose to show me instead?!" Her voice was a little louder than the usual. Actually, in her head she was already screaming profanities at him. "On our fucking anniversary?!"

"I thought you were coming late--"

Her mouth flew wide open. So he did not expect to get caught. He wasn't even planning on telling her about it. He didn't even had the balls to just tell her that he was falling in love with someone else.

"Lisa, please. I'm sorry. I--I know what I did was wrong but I needed you and you weren't there anymore so I had no choice--"