19 ~ CATFIGHT

Driving into the parking lot of the school, I release a sigh as I see that Roman’s jeep is already here

Driving into the parking lot of the school, I release a sigh as I see that Roman’s jeep is already here. I love winning this little game but I was late because I was busy cursing my existence as mother nature decided that today was the day to fuck with me.

Parking in another space, I look at Roman's jeep and feel bad again.

It's his mom's birthday and I'm sure they celebrated with the cake I baked last night. I want to talk to him, ask him if he liked the cake if his mom liked the cake, but I'm not sure he wants to talk to me after my prying session yesterday.

I walk towards my locker just as Amelia pops up beside me and hooks her right hand with my left one.

"What's up chica!" she says cheerfully, clearly extra energized today.

"Did you drink two cups of coffee today instead of one?" I ask broodily. The girl practically lives on coffee and she loves it way too much.

"Oh yes, yes I did. I drank one in the morning, but then I thought an extra cup won't hurt right? So I made that special 'Dalgona coffee' which is really trending on the internet right now. Try it out, you'll love it." she replies, and I just grunt, not in the mood to continue the conversation.

She halts as she hears my grunt and looks at me, furrowing her perfect red brows in the process. It dawns on her after a few seconds and her brows relax as she says, "You must be on your period." as she nods in understanding.

"I started my day in a puddle of blood, is that how you want me to end yours?" I ask, glaring at her.

"Noooooo." she stretches out.

"Then shut up." I snap.

She seals her lips with an imaginary lock and key action and follows me to my locker and then into class.

*****

I try to keep up with the conversation going on between my friends but my head is somewhere else entirely as I push my food around mindlessly. 

I keep glancing in Roman’s direction, but he hasn’t looked at me once. Not even with a morning smile. I know I shouldn’t have pushed the way I did, but it wasn’t that big of a deal. Was it? But of all the people in the world, I should understand how wrong it is to pry into someone’s personal life. God knows what I would’ve done if our places were reversed.

My thoughts come to a halt as I blink up at Kristen who is leaning over me with her hip against the table. 

Everyone sitting at our table turns towards her, just as Lily asks, “What the fuck do you want?”

"Just wanted to have a nice conversation with your friend here." she smiles tightly, replying with a sickeningly sweet voice. 

Everyone looks at me, and I know she isn't going to walk away without talking, so I send a nod in their direction and face her.