15 ~ ENDLESS THOUGHTS

"Are you gay?"

"Are you gay?"

I instantly choke on my food and cough a few times.

"What?! No, I am not. Why did you ask that?" I ask in a high pitched voice and look at my mom comically. This isn't exactly a dinner time conversation.

"Because you never bring a girl home, Roman. So if you're gay and you’re afraid to come out, just tell us. We'll support you." Mom's brows furrow and she widens her eyes comically to show how serious she is.

I shake my head and sigh, "Mom, I am not gay. I am just not interested in a relationship."

"So you’re a 'bang them and leave them' kind of guy? Not that it's wrong if the girls know the score and you are not lying to them." Dad shrugs and winks at me and I shake my head but smile anyway.

"Rye! You are not supposed to encourage him." Mom scolds him while I try not to bang my head against the dining table. I love my parents but they can be a pain in my ass sometimes. 

Dad shrugs again, "Why not? That's how we met, remember?"

"Didn't need that info, dad." I groan and tune out the conversation as I mindlessly push my food around my plate, not in the mood to eat anything.

While I love dinner time and having a random conversation with mom and dad, I'm just not in the mood today because my mind keeps wandering back to Avery.

"Have you seen the new people that moved here almost ten days ago? I met Ms. Daniels today while she was going to work. She seemed nice and polite." I tune back into the conversation as I hear my mom mentioning Ms. Daniels.

The new people who moved into this neighborhood are the Daniels and by The Daniels, I mean Avery and her mom.

Her house is only a two-minute walk away from mine. I didn't know about it before because simply I didn't care enough to know about who moved in and out of the neighborhood. But I found out about it when I went to her house today. I hate to say this but I’m kind of happy that she's living this close to me.

Yeah, fuck my life!

"She has a very pretty daughter too. We should invite them for a welcome dinner. What do you say, Roman?" I roll my eyes at her very not so subtle attempt to set me up with Angel. I don't think she would even look at me after what I did today.

"I know her mom. She goes to ICHS too and is a senior."

"Soooo, have you talked to her?" Dad drawls out with a smirk and that's my cue to leave. If he knew how much of an ass I've been to her, he would hang me upside down and whoop my ass. No pun intended. 

"Nuh-uh, dad, not going there." I shake my head.

Mom sighs, "When are you going to bring a girl home, Roman? You've never had a serious girlfriend."