02 ~ ROMAN JAMES

"James, did your momma not feed you properly last night?" Coach barks from the side of the ice rink

I huff and puff, but manage to answer him, "She did, sir."

"Stop skating like a wimp, Derek!" He moves onto another player, not bothering me anymore.

We've been practicing since 6 am and it's 7:45 am now. School starts in 15 minutes, but does it bothers the coach? Not even a little bit. He won't let us leave before this last practice. Two laps of the whole rink in one minute, which is impossible for us.

But being the captain and the fastest player of the ice hockey team, you have to achieve things which are next to impossible and so I do. I increase my speed at the last round almost slamming in plexi, but wisely take a quick turn at the end and complete the last round, just as my teammates start cheering.

Instead of appreciating, Coach just grunts and utters "Good practice", with a pat on my back, making my lips twitch. That's how he's always been, rarely appreciating us. But that's what drives us to achieve things which are next to impossible, to earn those words of appreciation.

Garret, my best friend, skates towards me and whistles, "Those were some great moves, dude."

"Thanks, get ready we're late for first class," I reply and take off for the shower. We're late for the very first class of our senior year. But does it bothers me? Hell no! I'll take practice over classes anytime.

Coach doesn't make it easy for us too, he does his very best to keep us on track and not get distracted by the popularity or the girls this sport gives us access to, which means practice, day and night, or in less exaggerated terms before and after school.

I quickly take a shower, change and exit the locker room with Garret beside me, just as my phone pings with a new message. I open my messenger and smirk when I see the text.

Daisy: My house today @ 7 pm?

Fuck, she gives the best BJs.

Without any hesitation, I reply with a single 'done' and put my phone back in my pocket.

I met Daisy at my mom's high society party and it took me just five minutes to get her into a bathroom stall with me. Guess my parent's money, crazy as fuck jet black hair, and deep blue eyes can charm anyone's pants off. But I keep those charms for the girls at my mom's high society parties only, because girls in my school are off-limits.

I don't flirt with them and I never did the deed with anyone here at this school because you never shit where you eat. Plus, Coach thinks that the players on the hockey team are the biggest manwhores of our school. Hence, no dating in school rules. A single dating rumor and you're out of the team.