03 ~ NIGHTMARES

Finally!

Finally!

My shoulders sag in relief as I walk out of the main premises and wend my way towards the parking lot.

The day elapsed slowly but everything was fine except for the weird encounter with Roman James.

When Mr. Cole addressed him in the class, my mind immediately recalled Kristen's conversation in the coordinator's room.

To say Roman James is hot is an understatement. He has all the qualities of a skilled panty-dropper;

A face that makes girls weep? Check.

A body that can seduce Hitler? Check.

Enough confidence to melt Mount
Everest? Double-check.

He took the remaining desk, next to me, and started checking me out. But that was not the end of it, when I barked at him for checking me out he called me an angel and sniffed my hair.

Sniffed my hair!

What is he?

A fucking dog?

And then he ignored me as nothing happened for the rest of the class. He was in two more classes with me but I chose to sit in the middle and he sat at the back. It was like his seat was fixed and no one dared to cross him.

To stay away from any more encounters like that I kept my head down in all my classes and spent my lunchtime in the library.

As I reach the parking lot, my gaze goes to the students that are lingering around, laughing, and chatting with their friends and I can't help but think about the time when my life was just as normal as theirs. When I had friends that I hung out with.

Not now, Avery, you don't need to think about that now.

I shake my head and continue to walk but stop dead in my tracks as I reach my car. My eyes widen as I stare at my car in disbelief and almost lose my nerves. The two rear tires of my car are punctured.

PUNCTURED!

WHAT THE FUCK.

My car was in the perfect condition this morning, how did this happen? Someone might have punctured them because something like this doesn't happen magically. This is how people welcome new students in this school?

"People in this school are psycho!" I growl to myself, bending down to examine just how bad this really is. Fortunately, it seems to be limited to cosmetic damage. I don't know anyone here who can help me, and I can't call my mom because she is at work and I can't disturb her all of a sudden like this.

I get up and take in the sight of my car to look for any other damage just as my gaze goes to the car beside mine and my hands instantly start shaking with anger.