10 ~ SMASH

"Avery, get up or you'll be late for school!" Mom calls for the fifth time

"I'm up, I'm up," I call back and sigh.

I don’t want to go to school, I am so conked out as I didn’t get any sleep last night.

I get up and haul my ass into the shower and torture myself as I think about everything that happened last night for the hundredth time.

When I came to my senses, I was in Kyle's car and he was driving me home. I asked him what happened after I fainted and he told me that they had a little argument and that guy and his friends agreed to stay away from me. I was a bit suspicious that it was more than a little argument as I took in Kyle's rigid posture and slightly bruised jaw, but oh well, I wasn't interested in more details anyway.

I made Kyle promise that he wouldn’t tell my mom because I didn't want her to stress again because of me. She's already gone through a lot with me in the past few years and now that she seems happy, I didn't want to disturb her peace again. Hoping that it was just a one-time thing. It’s not like I’m going to meet everyone from Sea Crest every day.

When I came back home, of course, my mom was there, waiting for me to answer her millions of questions. I told her everything except about the incident and Roman of course. Speaking of Roman James, I don’t think he was there when everything happened. He disappeared after our little catch-up.

Oh, I hope he didn’t see anything though, I can’t bear to have him on my case as on top of everything else right now.

*****

After my shower, I dress quickly and leave without breakfast, since I am late for school. I reached school on time and everything was okay till now. It's the fourth period, just after lunch and Mr. Wyatt is going on and on about some boring history chapter. 

I'm trying to concentrate on whatever he’s talking about but then I feel something on my back. I look back but everyone's looking at the teacher. Looking to my side, I notice a crumpled piece of paper lying beside my desk. Quickly picking it up without Mr. Wyatt noticing, I open it… only to crumple it back up.

I can't believe someone's doing this. No, wait who the fuck is doing this?

I look back and find Roman James passing a crumpled piece of paper to the boy sitting next to him and pointing it towards me.

That fucker's got no chill.

This means he was there that he saw everything and he's using that against me now. 

So fuckin' low of him.

Another paper pokes me in my back. I grab it and open it and the same words are written on it.

The words I never wanted to hear in my life ever again, the words I wanted to get away from. But here they are, still following me everywhere I go. I look at the words again and my eyes sting.