06 ~ UNTOUCHABILITY

I stand in front of the hockey team's locker room with Ben while the match is going on outside in the stadium, placing my next plan into action

"You sure you want to do this, Avery?" Ben asks, looking around nervously.

"You're not having second thoughts now, are you?" I ask, second-guessing my master plan myself.

"Um, no. It's just that, I'm a boy too and I'm feeling a bit weird after listening to your plan," he replies as he eyes my jean pocket.

"I'm not doing that to you, Ben. Now stop being a little wimp and guard the door. I'm going in and I'll finish the work as soon as possible. Just call me if you think someone's coming, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Go and do it fast," he pleads.

I laugh softly and enter the locker room.

Yesterday, 6:24 p.m.

I can't believe that fucker did that, I think as I fold my clothes, sitting in my room and curse the man who is adamant about making my life hell.

I mean who brings a spider in the school and that spider, oh god! I swear that the spider was bigger than the size of my hand!

My whole body shudders again as I think of that spider. It was so hairy and gross.
I was so embarrassed! The whole class was laughing at me.

'Just like how you embarrassed him in front of the whole class. You knew it was coming and you still sat at the last bench.'

'I sat there because there was no bench left. You wanted me to sit on the floor if not there?' I cry out to my inner voice.

"Sit on the floor? What?" Mom pokes her head in my room and I mentally groan. I said it out loud.

"Nothing, I was just talking to myself." I roll my eyes and pick up another t-shirt to fold.

She sits beside me and starts helping me with my laundry."You talk to yourself when you're mad. Why are you mad?"

"I talk to myself all the time." I roll my eyes. "And I am not mad, just frustrated by this stupid boy."

"Ooh, boy problems. Lay it on me, little bear. I'm aware of all types." She winks and I laugh out loud. Damn, I love my mom.

"He's an ass. He thinks he is some kind of King or something. His ego is as big as the size of a country and he never apologizes, mom! He was late for the first class two days in a row and he didn't apologize, what kind of a man is he?" I huff and fold more clothes.

Mom's eyes twinkle, "Sounds like a bad boy."

I roll my shoulders back."Bad boy, my ass. I'll show him what a bad girl I am."

Her phone rings from somewhere in the house and she quickly leaves the room to attend to it meanwhile my phone dings with a notification on messenger. I quickly leave the clothes, sprawl upon my bed, and open the app to check the message.