22 ~ AN ADVENTUROUS AFTERNOON

I'm on another mission

Mission to avoid Roman James at all cost.

It's not like we breathed down each other's neck before anyways. But since that almost kiss happened I've decided to stay as far away from him as possible.

That guy is trouble, pure trouble. Plus a distraction. I've got a list, a plan and I intend to complete it. I'm not going to let anyone ruin it. Not even Roman James. He's the kind of distraction I don't need right now or ever.

I don't think I would be able to go through with my plan if I don't stay away from him. He makes me feel things that I thought I would never feel again. Just the mere thought of him gives me these stupid butterflies and his eyes do a different kind of thing to me. I need to keep my emotions out of this and at a distance. It is something I mastered a long time ago, but Roman is different from any other man and it scares the shit out of me.

"We're talking to you. Stop zoning out, Avery!" Claudia snaps at me and I crash back to reality.

Right now though, I have a different kind of problem in my hands.

I still have no idea what's going on with Claudia and Lily, but here they are, on a Saturday afternoon sitting in my dining room, bashing men without details as to why they are ranting.

Oh and let's not forget about Amelia. She doesn't have a boyfriend but she's going on and on about Garret.

This girl has a serious crush on him.

"You know what, let's start from the start," I speak, as I take a sip of my apple juice. All three of them nod their heads and take a sip of their juice as well.

"Ben just doesn't understand." Claudia starts.

"What do you want him to understand?" I ask patiently.

"He needs to understand that I hate it--" she starts speaking just as the front door opens and a frowning Roman enters the house.

Shit! I forgot to lock the door.

Why is he here though?

Before I can ask him what he's doing here, he speaks, still frowning, "Why is your door unlocked? You should keep your door locked all the time when you're home alone, Angel."

I roll my eyes. I keep my door locked all the time, but his concern is cute.

"Cute," I catch Amelia muttering.

I give her a look and she winks in return making me roll my eyes again.

"What are you doing here?" I ask coolly, just as my mind wanders back to our almost kiss last night.

I just hope I'm not blushing furiously right now.

He looks back at the door and frowns again but catches up with the question.