16 ~ PRINCIPAL'S PET

It's been three weeks. Three weeks since Angel refused my friendship, three weeks since we talked, three weeks since we pranked or just threatened each other. Of course, we haven't been total strangers because there are smiles, smiles everywhere. 

We politely smile at each other whenever we cross paths. It's more like when I smile at her, she smiles back, but when I smirk at her, she glares at me. She pretends that she hates my smirk but I know she likes it because her lips twitch whenever she sees it. 

Other than that, there's been nothing exciting and it's safe to say that I miss the first week of school. I miss pranking her, I miss our bickering, I miss everything. 

But of course, after being rejected like that, I can't just go and start talking to her randomly. Plus, her friends seem more protective of her ever since everything came crashing down when I pasted that picture on her locker.

Soon I and Garret enter the school and make our way to our usual spot in the parking lot.

I slam the breaks a few feet away from our spot, Garret barks out a laugh, and a small smile creeps on my face. There it is, a few feet away, Angel's car, parked in my spot.

This has been happening for the last two weeks and has become more of a silent game between us. Whoever gets there first, gets the parking spot. So when she parked there the first time, I simply parked somewhere else because even though starting a prank war with her again was tempting, I just didn’t want to repeat the shit that went down again. And knowing me, I would fuck everything up again if it came to that.

Obviously, no other student has dared to do the same yet, all of them seemingly knowing that she’s the exception.

I park my Jeep next to her Camaro and head inside the school. As always we're a few minutes late and the class has already started. I enter the class and everybody looks up at me and I feel a wave of nostalgia, like the first day of school.

This time though Mr. Cole doesn't say anything and just silently looks at me before getting back to the chapter he was teaching. I make my way to my usual seat and silently search for Angel.

There she is, looking as beautiful as ever, in blue jeans, a black hoodie, and white sneakers. She looks at me, and as our eyes meet and I smile. She smiles back politely and looks down at her textbook. 

My eyes shift and connect with Kyle, who openly glares at me. That's how it has been for the last three weeks, he tells me with his eyes, how much he would like to cut my dick into small pieces and then hide them in different continents around the world. I, being the ass I am, smirk at him and make my way to my desk, preparing myself mentally for this long day.

*****

Lunchtime couldn't come any faster. I take a seat next to Garret and almost bang my lunch tray on the table as I look around at the usual hustle and bustle. Students laughing and gossiping, sounds of spoon and plates clattering, normal high school shit.