04 ~ WAR

I just make it in time for school before the bell rang, signaling the start of classes

I just make it in time for school before the bell rang, signaling the start of classes. I would've arrived sooner but I had to take a slight detour to the store for my plan. But at least I had 5 minutes to put my plan into action and that's all I needed. I enter the class and my gaze automatically goes to the last two benches which are empty again.

Great! Exactly what I want.

As I make my way towards the last benches I hear someone calling my name, I look behind me and see Kyle. I immediately brighten up and walk towards him as I take in the girl sitting beside him.

She's a bit tall, maybe around 5'6, and has a few acne scars on her cheeks. But she's pretty in a unique way and I really like how her jet black hair is colored sky blue at the ends and I make a mental point to tell her so because that's one of the tricks Ms. Damison told me about how to make new friends. Always look for ways to make the person look good and praise them where it's appropriate.

"Hi, I really like your hair," I comment, pointing towards the blue ends of her hair.

She immediately perks up and smiles and I thank Ms. Damison in my head for teaching me small tricks like these. "Thank you, just got them done yesterday."

"Avery, this is my girlfriend Lily Parker, I told you about her yesterday and Lils this is Avery, the new girl." Kyle makes the introduction.

"You talked to her about me?" Lily murmurs in his ear.

"What can I say, I can't stop talking about you," Kyle says as he leans towards her. 

Geez, they really are lovesick teenagers, I now get what Amelia feels between two couples. At least Ben and Claudia weren't this bad.

I clear my throat "Guys I'm still here."

"Sorry, I got a bit distracted. What I was saying was that we saved a seat for you, so come sit with us." Kyle said, clearing his throat.

"As much as I'm tempted to take this offer, Kyle, I can't right now. I have something special planned for someone special, so I will have to decline your offer, I'm sorry. But don't worry I'll sit with you in the next class."

"And by the look of your face, I assume this special thing is meant for Roman, right?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Bingo"

"What are you going to do?" He frowns.

"You'll see yourself in some time. Now you both continue your love session, and I'll see you in the next class." I say with a final wave at them and start walking towards the last benches.

"Don't do anything stupid Avery. He doesn't take things lightly." Kyle warns from behind me.

"Oh don't worry about me and start worrying about Roman James, Kyle," I reply without looking back.