Mine

REVISED ON 03/22/2022

Two weeks passed after the murder of the unfortunate Lady. You learned that her name was Rosalyn Pyke, after her brother, Lord Pyke, had openly threatened the King for allowing his dear sister to die in the castle.

The King, unwilling to let Lord Pyke's grief-fueled behavior slide, hung him the next day. It was a public execution, which took place in the dead gardens next to the south wing. Everyone was to be in attendance, including the servants.

Thankfully, you had been in the back of the crowd with the rest of the maids. Because of this, your view was mostly obstructed. You still heard the sickening crack of Lord Pyke's neck when the stool was kicked from under his feet though, and the sound had stuck with you for the last two weeks.

Now, life in the castle was quiet. Everyone seemed to be living in fear, as the murderer still hadn't been caught. There were guards posted up at every corner that you turned, and most of the castle's guests had left.

Even though Namjoon had supposedly cleared you, Rae and Alice of any suspicion, you could still feel the stares of the guards around the castle. It made you feel on edge, knowing that any mistakes you made would be spotted immediately.

Sanria had also not returned to her post as headmaid, leaving the position to Isabella. Despite the recent events, the kind blonde still kept a happy smile on her lips, and treated you all well. She did not answer questions about Sanria, and after the first week everyone stopped asking.

Rae barely spoke, obviously still bothered by what she had seen. Alice was surprisingly the one that managed to keep conversations alive between the three of you. You could still see how much the murder had affected Alice though, and it made your heart ache.

Winter was raging on, on the other side of the castle's walls. The first heavy snow happened a week after Lady Pyke's murder. You had been walking down the hall with a heavy bucket of water in your arms, when you had peeked out the window and glimpsed Jimin and Taehyung frolicking around in the white fields.

You wanted to know what it was like to feel able to be so nonchalant after such a brutal murder had occured. Jimin and Taehyung weren't the only Princes to seem unbothered however. One cold morning, you had caught Prince Seokjin doing exactly what Isabella had warned you about.

The handsome Prince had been leaning against the wall in plain sight, with his trousers pulled down. His hands were laced through the hair of a brown-haired woman who was on her knees, thankfully covering up the most indecent part of his lower half.

It hadn't been Lady Woong. You could only stand there in shock, your face red and your mouth wide open, as Seokjin's hazey eyes met your own with a smirk on his lips. You had pulled yourself together and bowed apologetically, before rushing off to complete your tasks before you got in trouble.

Not long after that, you had accidentally dropped a handful of cleaning supplies in front of Namjoon, who sent you back to your chambers immediately to "practice holding things properly". Then, he continued to strut down the hallway, an unfamiliar tune being hummed.

Thankfully, these were the only Prince's that you had seen. You were relieved, as you knew damn well that if you had run into Hoseok again you would have screamed. The constant discomfort of not knowing exactly what he wanted from you was exhausting.

Isabella had told you that he was nicer than the other Princes, but that didn't mean that he was flawless. You could still risk angering him, which was something that you most definitely did not want.

What did he want with you anyways? A quick fuck before bed? Someone to mess with for his own entertainment? You couldn't understand what was so interesting about you that had caused him to wish to bother you.