Alliances

The changes that occurred directly after the death of the King and Queen were quick and plentiful. It started exactly one day after six of your seven soulmates decided to chop off your finger.

The first change that occurred was the removal of the former royal court. Namjoon, acting as King despite not being crowned yet, only spared members of the court who did not question his authority when he made the formal announcement.

The next day, it was announced that the King and Queen had been assassinated by none other than Lady Woong, who was sitting in a dungeon cell awaiting her execution. Jungkook informed you of this news while he treated your injury.

Around dinner time on the second day, a new royal court was appointed and Namjoon's coronation date was announced. The tall prince visited you later that night with Hoseok to joyfully celebrate the news. They managed to ignore your defeated mood as they sang and danced around you.

In the following week, the palace was redecorated and the East Wing was reopened. You were moved to the South Wing, where you were given a separate bedroom that was decorated in pretty greens and golds. You were given a fuller staff of maids and even a personal cook.

You were also given a new identity, courtesy of Jin. Instead of being born in a poor, unknown village, you were now the daughter of the now deceased Earl of Greenhall. Supposedly the Earl's original daughter had come to the castle shortly before her father had passed. No one had seen her afterwards, and presumed her dead. You were now to assume her identity.

When Yoongi came to inform you of this, he also brought you a glove. The little finger was stuffed with cotton, and looked as though you weren't missing yours when you wore it. Yoongi had also managed to put small metal bars into the slits so that when you moved your ring finger, your little finger would move with it.

When he initially produced the gift for you, you wanted to slap it from his hands. He was one of the reasons that this had happened to you after all. He had hurt you, and now he was gifting you a measly white glove to make up for it.

You accepted it however, knowing that he wasn't afraid to hurt you if you made him angry. Wearing the glove made you feel somewhat normal again. It didn't take the pain away from your hand, no. It also didn't cure your phantom finger either.

However whenever you looked at your hand, you didn't see a bloody bandage covering the stub where your finger used to be. You didn't see a mangled mess peeking out when the bandage wasn't wrapped correctly either.

As much as you despised Yoongi, you had to admit that the glove made you feel better. You only took it off when it was time to change your bandage or to bathe. You even slept in it, because pretending like your hand was normal helped you pretend that you could get through life until the next blood moon.

You had been brought to the head healer shortly after your finger had been removed, so that she could treat you and ensure that you wouldn't come down with a deadly infection. When Taehyung and Jimin had left you alone for a few minutes, you had finally managed to ask the healer about the blood moon.

She had looked at you strangely, and you had a brief moment where you became terrified that she knew what you were intending to do. The potion was your last hope, and you couldn't imagine what you would do if you the prince's found out and destroyed it.

However, the healer then asked if you were worried about how it would affect your own personal cycle, and informed you that it was a myth that a blood moon would cause extra heavy bleeding. She told you the day of the next blood moon, and then promised you that if you were truly worried when it finally came around that you could visit her again and she would give you more herbs.