One Last Goodbye

The journey to Caidal was stressful to say the least. The trip was relatively short thanks to certain borders opening up, however Taehyung had been stuck with Jungkook and Jin the entire time.

They argued the entire time about trivial matters, and seemed completely unfazed to Taehyung's volatile anger whenever he threatened to skin them alive. By the time they finally arrived at Caidal, Taehyung thought that his head was going to burst.

  Taehyung had been completely against coming to Caidal, especially on such short notice. He had practically begged Namjoon not to agree. There was a sinking feeling in his stomach, and he just knew that something terrible was going to happen.

Namjoon had of course brushed him off and insisted that he come too, just to prove that nothing was amiss.

As much as Taehyung didn't want to be there, he had to admit that Caidal was beautiful. He was finally able to understand why it was called the Kingdom of Angels. The people that resided in the castle were tall and beautiful, with flawless dark skin. The soft white fabrics that they wore reflected the sun against his eyes and offered an even further illusion of being surrounded by non-humans.

And the castle itself? It was stunning. The ceilings were impossibly high, with open windows and sheer curtains allowing fresh breezes in everywhere. Gold was not used sparingly on every surface, which demonstrated the wealth of Atheed's kingdom.

While Taehyung didn't like Atheed, he had to admit that his castle was quite possibly better than his own.

That revelation, along with his festering temper resulted in a blowout fight with Namjoon only hours after arriving at the palace. As if he were a kid and Namjoon was his parent, Taehyung was sent to his room until dinner.

His angry pacing was interrupted when Hoseok came knocking on his door. Taehyung begrudgingly let him in, expecting to be scolded by his elder brother. But to his surprise, Hoseok merely sat on his bed and sighed.

"What do you want?" Taehyung asked, a bit rougher than he intended. He stood in front of the older man with his arms crossed, an expectant look on his face. Hoseok sighed again and crossed his legs.

"I get that you're irritated, Tae." He began, looking up at his brother. "I am too. Namjoon has Y/N, and he's making decisions for us. A double loss, it seems." He muttered, his face sour.

Taehyung loosened his posture, letting his arms fall to his sides. Hoseok continued. "But eventually Namjoon's attitude will fade, and of course we'll all get our chance at marrying Y/N ourselves. It's irritating, yes. But it's not the end of the world for us."

Taehyung huffed and joined Hoseok on the bed. "I know its not the end of the world. But it's still frustrating. I have a bad feeling about being here." Taehyung grumbled, staring at a painting across the room.

Hoseok patted his brothers back softly. "Yeah, I kind of have one too. But keep in mind, we've never left our own kingdom before. There's bound to be a bit of nervousness there. Just keep your eyes peeled."

Taehyung nodded reluctantly. He knew that Hoseok was right, but the defiant part of his mind wanted to argue. "I'm not going to apologize like a sappy little woman to Namjoon." He mumbled.

He didn't have to see it to know that Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Then don't." Hoseok said, standing. "Just try to keep your personality in check while we're here. If you see or hear anything suspicious...tell me. It's as simple as that."

Taehyung nodded again. "What time will dinner begin?" He asked, changing the subject. "I'm starving, and I heard that Caidal has good roasted chicken."