This Has To Be Love

Seokjin was relatively easy going. He liked three things; Sex, beautiful people, and luxurious items. He didn't particularly care for the servants, save for a few pretty maids that could be used for a quick fuck. He wasn't quite as sadistic as his brother, Taehyung, either. While Tae enjoyed watching his servants bleed for the smallest of inconveniences, Jin would rather they simply not be around him at all.

Of course, you caught his eye. You're a jumpy little thing, he notices. It took him a week to finally get a glimpse of your cute little face. He had been leaning against the wall with some lower-class lady sucking him off when you finally made eye contact with him. When you did, he swore he felt something click. Like a piece of him that he didn't realize had been missing, had finally settled back into place.

In his stupidity, he simply smirked at you. He didn't push the lady away from him and pull his trousers back up. He didn't reach out for you. He simply stood there, his lips quirked, while you stuttered through an embarrassed apology. Oh, you were so cute when you were flustered.

He prowled the halls each day afterwards, keeping an eye out for you in between his daily activities. A part of him couldn't understand how a simple maid like you had caught his attention. You weren't as remarkable as Lady Woong, yet he found himself ready to call off his engagement with her in favor of taking you. When those thoughts passed through his head, he would groan and slap his face. Impossible, he'd think. It was simply because he hadn't gotten a very close look at you. He was curious. The connection that he felt? Must have been some type of arousal. Lady Sung was notoriously good with her mouth, after all.

Jin only liked beautiful things. Beautiful people. You? You were remarkably plain. One last look at you would satisfy his curiosity and he could go back to fucking half of the court and planning his wedding with Lady Woong.

Fate seemed to have a different plan.

Walking into the library with his mother and Hoseok, he could tell immediately that it was you, stiffly bowing your head. Hoseok seemed to recognize you too, seeing as he had immediately perked up. Jin found himself subconsciously straightening the collar of his yellow jacket.

He couldn't help himself when you referred to his mother as "Ma'am". Your voice was so sweet, yet an evident edge of discomfort lingered. Before he could even stop himself, he corrected you. Quite sassily too. How could he not though? He wanted to hear your voice again.

Then, your wide eyes met his. You knew that he recognized you. The blush that sprung to your face made him swoon internally. He had been wrong. You were cute. Someone that he wanted to hold tight, someone he wanted to protect from the vile behavior of his court. You needed protecting.

But before he could even open his mouth again, Hoseok was cheerfully greeting you. Uncalled for jealousy sparked deep inside of him. He was able to bite back his anger until he noticed the look of fear and panic that swam in your eyes when you came face to face with his younger brother. He couldn't help the dark look that morphed onto his face. As if sensing his dangerous aura, his mother politely dismissed you and beckoned him to the sitting area with a slight flick of her wrist.

He couldn't understand how his feelings could escalate so fast. Was this called 'Love at First Sight'? Jin was confused. He had once felt love, yes. But it had been built up for years with a girl he had known since infancy. When she died, the only true sparks that he could muster up were a need for sex and fake intimacy. He didn't even feel true love for Lady Woong, only the obligation to marry as the oldest son. Yet here he was, thinking about all of the ways he could make you his. Giving you a grand wedding, with all of the foods that you undoubtedly hadn't tried before due to your low status. An entire court of adoring followers who only wished to please you. He wanted you to be happy and sheltered, in his arms.

Yet Hoseok managed to slip behind a bookshelf with you. And the pain in his heart was too great to handle at the thought of someone coming and taking you away from him before he could even lay his hands on you. He could barely focus on his mothers idle chatter as his mind ran wild with all of the things that might be happening behind the shelf. And when Hoseok returned without you, a faint glimmer of rage in his eyes, he couldn't help but to feel relief. Maybe you had rejected him?

Jin didn't bother trying to back up his brother when his mother asked where he had snuck off too. He only stared at the shelf, waiting for you to emerge again. When you didn't, even as the other two maids left, Jin began to worry. He became irritated. Surely Hoseok hadn't hurt you? He knew just how brutal Hoseok could get. His anxiety and restlessness was only cured when an hour later, you finally emerged from the bookshelf and quietly dismissed yourself.

Jin went to his room that afternoon with a new fantasy in his head. He wanted you, and he would do whatever he needed to make it happen. This had to be love, right?

caught in the moment, not even thinkin' twice

everything's frozen, nothing but you and i

can't stop my heart from beating

why do i love this feeling?

-

Fallin'

Why Don't We