The Dungeons

REVISED AS OF 07/23/2022

Rae didn't regret insisting on taking the blame for your escape. As soon as she was tied to the old chair in the dungeons, facing a very calm Taehyung, Rae knew.

She knew that if she hadn't demanded that Alice compose herself before the guards inevitably showed up, then she wouldn't be able to live with herself. Because when Taehyung was this calm? It meant that his victim was in for a very long night of suffering.

Rae and Alice both knew that Hoseok would travel to the ends of the earth to find you, cutting down anyone or anything that got in his way. It was clear to them just how unhinged he could get.

When Alice had tried to convince her to run away together when word got out that Namjoon was now involved, Rae had to point out that Alice's entire family was at risk of being killed. Someone had to stay and lead them in the wrong direction. That was the only way that she could get the small brunette to sit down and act innocent.

So, when they heard the sounds of guards stomping closer to the chambers, they just knew. Rae planted one last kiss onto Alice's lips. Then, she put on the most exaggerated expression she could. It worked, because Hoseok's eyes immediately zeroed in on it.

So here Rae was, tied to the chair, mentally reciting her final prayers while awaiting her certain death. Taehyung never went easy on the maids.

What surprised her though, was the presence of two other Princes. She had expected Hoseok to be there, of course. This did have to do with the subject of his obsession. But Namjoon and Jin looked very out of place, sitting awkwardly a few feet away from Taehyung.

Maybe Namjoon would have made sense if Rae really thought about it. He usually took charge of his brother's antics, and sometimes that included being in the dungeons. But Jin? He had no business being here. You had never mentioned anything pertaining to him.

Of course, she didn't really have much time to think about it. Taehyung was obviously growing bored, with the way that he was playing around with the long silver blade in his hands.

Rae didn't bother looking very closely at the tray next to him. Seeing all of the weapons spread out on it would no doubt shatter her resolve and tempt her to tell on you, and that was something she simply could not allow herself to do.

Hoseok was the first to break the silence in the damp space. His voice was cold and angry, sending a shiver down her spine. "We'll give you one chance. If you tell us where my love went, we'll allow you to leave, unscathed."

Rae considered acting like she didn't know. She could drag it out, anger them enough...maybe they'd give her a quicker death? But then she remembered Alice.

She was due to leave in the early hours of the morning. The risk of them taking her next was too high. Rae would have to endure, and then lie. Anything to save time for her beloved and for you.

"I don't believe you," Rae began. "I think that no matter what I say, Prince Taehyung will still choose to bury a knife in my chest." She instantly regretted those words. Taehyung's head shot up, an evil glint in his eyes.

Hoseok held his hand out to him, an unspoken command to sit still. "We'll let you leave unharmed. You have my word," He placed a hand over his heart, "So please. Tell me where my love went."

Rae shook her head. "I don't know. All I did was lead her out of the castle." She said flatly. There was silence for a moment, and then an annoyed grunt. Rae's heartbeat quickened. She pissed him off.

"Go ahead, Tae. Maybe this will put some sense into her." Hoseok muttered. Then, quicker than lightning, Taehyung was standing in front of her with his hands gripping her hair. He forced her to look up, an excited grin on his face.