The Ritual

You stared down at the music box in fascination. You hadn't left your spot on the ground since Yoongi had left, still entranced by the small dancing woman that spun around in tune with the music.

You felt only a tiny bit better while distracted with his gift. You were still nervous around the dark-haired prince. After all, your first few minutes of meeting him weren't exactly filled with laughter and jokes.

As soon as you had opened the door, he had attempted to stab you with his no doubt very expensive dagger. Your hip was still aching from your fall, but you suppose you couldn't complain. At least he got distracted before he could maul you.

You were unsure of how long it had been since he had left. No food had arrived for you like Namjoon had said, yet the sun was already past it's highest point. Maybe they forgot about me?

You sighed and finally decided to close the music box. You placed it down next to you, staring at the slightly faded inscription on the top. "Forever we shall be together. "You mumbled to yourself. "Yoongi, I hope that you'll protect me from the others."

Even though Yoongi's first instinct was to attack on sight, you still felt the most comfortable with him. In the end, he didn't try to force any conversations on you like Jungkook or Jimin. And he hadn't killed a Lady like Hoseok. He hadn't taken part in Rae's murder like Taehyung either. And of course, he didn't talk down to you like Namjoon.

You couldn't speak on Jin. You still had yet to actually interact with him, and you had a hard time understanding why he had apparently "felt" the connection when you hadn't even touched him.

Yoongi was at the top of your list of who you felt was most likely to be easy to manipulate. He had given you a gift that was very precious to him, meaning that he obviously already trusted you. If you managed to play into that, then you could get through this entire ordeal relatively unscathed.

Your heart was still broken over the death of Abel and his family, along with Martha and James. Your grief was only intensified over Rae's death. You knew that if she had died at the hands of Taehyung like Yoongi had said, then it was no doubt painful and prolonged.

Half of you regretted even asking him before he had left the room, but the other half was glad that you knew. It would be a constant reminder as to why you hated the bloodthirsty prince.

Namjoon was planning on dragging you to the head healer after dinner to truly see if you were his brother's soulmate, which meant that if you had a chance to be alone with her you could ask about the moon cycles finally.

Yoongi revealing that you would be living in the East Wing instead of the maids quarters helped you with the beginning stages of your plan too. You knew when you had to give them the potion, and how much. Living in Yoongi's wing would open up a door to get closer with him. While getting close to him, you could use him to learn about the others.

The more you won the hearts of your soulmates, the easier it would be to slip the potion into their drinks. The plan sounded easy enough, even if it would take a few months to pull off.

You knew that it would be hard. You had a lot of contempt stored in your body for the seven men, but you had to push through. You would use your pain from the death of those you cared about as a way to push yourself forward.

A loud knock at the door broke you from your thoughts. Oh no, not again. You scrambled to your feet, looking for the closest object to defend yourself with. You were tired and hungry, and you highly doubted that you would be able to dodge as quickly as before.

You moved slowly towards the door, hesitating. Please don't be another enraged prince. You prayed, before calling out, "Who is it?". You nearly cried in relief when a familiar voice called out with, "It's me! Please open the door, this tray is heavy."