Epilogue

"Mr. Choi, can you tell us about the first vampires again?" The teenager asked, a dreamy look in her eyes. "Especially the part about them falling in love?"

The boy next to her groaned in annoyance, slapping his hand over his face. "Not this again." He said, exasperated. "We always talk about the original vampires. Can we please talk about something different for once?"

"Just admit that you're bitter cause Jaehun broke up with you and move on, Jun." The girl said, rolling her eyes. "Stop spoiling the mood for everyone else."

"Mind your business, Chaewon. Just admit that you're not intelligent enough to talk about a topic that doesn't have to do with corny romance." Jun shot back.

"Now, now." Mr. Choi interjected, sighing. "You both are always at each others throats. You would think that you like each other or something." At that comment, the entire class laughed.

Jun's face grew bright red, and Chaewon looked away in annoyance. When the laughter faded, Mr. Choi cleared his throat. "Right, well, a show of hands I guess. Who wants to hear about the first vampires again?"

One by one, a majority of the class raised their hand. Mr. Choi nodded and pulled a large cloth coat of arms from his desk and pinned it above the white board. "Alright, then. But this will be one of the last times that I talk about it this year...I've already told this story about a hundred times to you all."

"About three hundred years ago, there lived seven princes." He began, writing their names on the chalkboard as he listed them. "Jin, who was the oldest. Then Yoongi, who was second in line to the throne, and then Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook."

"They lived a fairly peaceful life as royal sons to the King and Queen of Erydia, a large Kingdom that, obviously, no longer exists. One day, one of the brother's fell in love with a woman."

Chaewon sighed dreamily, and Jun glared at her.

"One by one, the brother's other siblings fell in love with her too. Eventually, she had all seven of them lusting for her. But she did not want this affection. Some say she was terrified of them and simply wanted a normal life. But other's say that she was simply too ungrateful to recognize what was being offered to her."

"Eventually, the King and Queen of Erydia were killed by an evil Lady, the betrothed of the eldest son, Seokjin. However the eldest didn't want the throne. Yoongi, the second in line, also rejected the role alongside Hoseok, who was third. So Namjoon became the new King of Erydia."

"And have you seen the old paintings? He was a snack." Chaewon simpered, eliciting another glare from Jun. "Higher Court vampires are always so pretty looking." She sighed.

"Anyways..." Mr. Choi redirected. His eyebrow raised. "When Namjoon took the throne, he opened up the borders for the first time in decades. This resulted in him meeting Prince Atheed of Caidal."

"Didn't Namjoon also marry the woman that all of them had fallen for?" A dark haired boy sitting behind Chaewon asked, without raising his hand.

"Come on now, we've heard this story so many times that you should already know the answer to that." Jun grouched, not bothering to turn to look at him. The boy scoffed, but didn't respond.

"Yes." Mr. Choi said, nodding. "He married the woman. This woman ended up becoming connected to Atheed also. Barely any time after the wedding, Prince Atheed asked King Namjoon to visit Caidal. His wife begged for him to go, and Namjoon, so hazy from love, agreed."

Chaewon gasped, already knowing what was to come.

"This woman led Namjoon and his brothers to Caidal, and poisoned them during their first dinner at the castle. However this potion didn't simply kill them, no. When used under a full blood moon, it brought the victim back to 'life'."

"Namjoon and his brothers awoke with a newfound thirst for blood. They got their revenge on Atheed and destroyed Caidal so badly that even today with our advanced technology, archaeologists have had a very hard time finding the exact location of the lost Kingdom."

"Namjoon's wife was killed by a guard of Atheed's after their plan failed. Prince Jungkook had been the one to find her as she was bleeding out, and it is said that where his tears fell, a wilted chrysanthemum sprouted."

"Namjoon and his brothers formed a new coat of arms to signify the start of their new life. A wilted chrysanthemum, accompanied by a long dagger and a crescent moon. They created a new society, the one that we live in now."

"These seven brother's are the original vampires, the elders. They contain more power than any being on this planet. The lower court are the second oldest vampires to live. They are the first wave of vampires that the brothers had created and kept by their side. They are the ones that rule our society now. The vampires that surround us now during every day life are regular vampires, which do not belong to a court. And then, of course, there are biters."

Jun couldn't help himself from shuddering at the name.

"Biter's are volatile vampire scum. They are the worst of the worst, and they are almost always shot on sight. In this society, it is the only way to ensure the survival of us humans." Mr. Choi said.

"Back to the elders." Mr. Choi said, noticing his student's eyes growing excited. For some reason, this was always their favorite part. "They haven't been seen in about a hundred years. Some think they may be dead, while others...others believe that they are still out there, watching, waiting. After all, they believed that their woman was their soulmate, and they held fast to the belief that she would be reincarnated."

Mr. Choi removed the coat of arms from where it was pinned and refolded it. "It's up to you all to decide what you believe." He murmured, just as the bell rang. The class quickly began to pack their things. "Please remember to finish your homework for Monday." He reminded them as they slowly began to filter out of the classroom.

Mr. Choi sighed and took a seat behind his desk, staring down at the ruby colored fabric sitting in front of him. It truly was a beautiful coat of arms.

"What do you think, Mr. Choi? Are the Elder's dead or alive?" A voice asked from the back of the room. Mr. Choi's head shot up in surprise. Sitting in the back of the room was a young man with icy white hair and heart shaped lips, his dark eyes piercing and red.

That was strange. He didn't have any vampire students in his class, seeing as he was a mere human.

"Well, I don't know." He murmured, his mind screaming 'danger!' at him. The presence of this man was making him uncomfortable, even though he had a smile on his face as he examined the older teacher.

"I think that they're still alive. It must take a lot of effort to kill an Elder. Any-who." Mr. Choi said, standing. "I don't think you're in my class. When did you get here, and why are you here? The vampire students usually reside in building B."

The white haired man stood also, his demeanor becoming ten times more threatening. Mr. Choi flinched slightly as the man practically teleported in front of him. That kind of speed....a regular vampire couldn't attain that.

"There's a girl that you taught two years ago. I need information on her." The man said, gesturing to Mr. Choi's laptop. "And you'd better make it quick."