End of Their Reign

Taehyung was no stranger to love. He knew what it was like to fall for someone, he had experienced it with Nabi. He went through the beginning stages, where he had tiptoed around her because he started to feel awkward. Then, she had started to show interest in him too. Of course they began to flirt, and he began to think about her at night. Over time he realized just how much he was fascinated by her, and they began a very taboo relationship.

He knew what it was like to slowly fall in love with someone. But this? This was quick and alarming. This pain in his chest as he thought about all of the things that he had wanted to do to you an hour before wasn't something that he had dealt with before.

He had been steadily moving forward with his plan to kill his parents with his brothers when they had heard the commotion coming from the Queen's room. The first thought that flashed through his mind was, "Is Y/N safe?" even though there was no possibly way you could have made it to the south wing with all of his guards trapping you into the east wing.

Lo and behold, you were indeed in the room when he and his brother's burst through the large door. At the sight of you covered in blood, Taehyung instantly knew two things:

1. Lady Woong was most definitely not the one who committed the murder.

2. You were stunning when covered in deep red, your pupils blown wide from adrenaline.

When Yoongi bent over to block your view of the butchered Queen, Taehyung's fingers twitched with the temptation to throw his older brother away from you so that he himself could be the one to comfort you.

But he also was at war with his own emotions. Minutes before he had stumbled into his mother's room, he had been bad-mouthing you like he had become so fond of doing. He even had gone so far as to antagonize Hoseok a tad bit by threatening to cut your fingers off.

Within seconds, his mind had changed and his heart ached at the thought of mutilating you so harshly. He felt his soul singing in the same way that it had when he had fallen in love with Nabi. Maybe this time the singing was even louder.

There was no easing into his newfound feelings, no pacing. He was thrown directly into it and now his brain felt as though it was going to explode in his skull. His emotions were conflicting each other. He wanted to give in and love you, take you from his brothers and make you his. But his stubborn, prideful half was still adamant on it's distrust of you.

His thoughts were filled with nothing but you, and because of this he barely registered that Yoongi was lifting you from the floor and rushing from the room while Hoseok continued to antagonize Lady Woong.

Namjoon seemed to notice his distracted attitude. The tall male stood in front of Taehyung and seemed to snap his fingers in front of his face for a solid five minutes before Taehyung finally came back to reality.

There was a faint buzzing in his ear as he looked around slowly at the red mess in the once pristine room. Lady Woong was sobbing on the ground and shielding her face as Hoseok shoved his shoe at her. His mother was laying with her eyes wide open, transfixed on the ceiling.

"Well, that's one down thanks to Y/N." Taehyung blurted, dazed. Namjoon's eyebrows shot up and he took a small step back, his expression morphing into one of confusion. Even Hoseok stopped what he was doing to turn and stare at his younger brother.

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon asked, glancing down at Lady Woong. "Y/N said that Woong was trying to frame her." He looked over to Hoseok, a silent conversation passing between them quickly.

"Yes, she said that. But there's no evidence." Taehyung said, his normally cocky attitude returning. He moved towards his mothers body and kneeled down, inspecting the knife wounds in her chest. "This was done with a high quality dagger..." He mumbled almost to himself as he slowly ran his fingers over the gashes.