A Slip Up

Something was brewing, and you could feel it in the air. The last three days, the princes had thankfully left you alone. You were grateful for the opportunity to explore the now clean east wing in silence. You had even managed to locate the small library on the top floor, which still held some ink and parchment.

Despite the peaceful silence and time to relax, you were still slightly uneasy. You didn't like not knowing what was going on, especially when seven murderous princes were involved. You shuddered every time you thought of them. Even your skin still burned in the spots where Hoseok had held you while he kissed you.

In your time alone, when you weren't exploring your new home, you were in your bedroom practicing your acting. You were nearly finished with perfecting your serene smile, and you had practiced smiling and acting like you were in love in front of a dress that you pretended was Hoseok. You steeled yourself and pushed away the depressive thoughts, focusing on the end-goal: feed them the potion and escape.

On the fourth day alone, your quiet environment was disturbed by the sound of two pairs of footsteps, which were rapidly approaching the library that you were lounging in. A few seconds later, and Jungkook burst through the door with Jimin directly behind him.

Their eyes scanned the room quickly until they landed on you, and their faces lit up with excitement. "Y/N!" Jimin cried, pushing past his younger brother. You shook the shock away quickly and put up a happy facade, allowing the slender blonde to pull you into a tight hug.

"Jimin, what brings you both here?" You asked into his shoulder. He smelled faintly of fruit and spices, the smell not yet overpowering although it was beginning to make your nose itch. Jimin pulled you in impossibly tighter and sighed in contentment.

"Namjoon finally gave us permission to visit you." He mumbled into your hair. "Jin wanted to go first, but we distracted him with Lady Woong instead. I'm pretty sure he's going to try and kill us when he finally manages to escape from that witch's claws."

Jungkook snorted at that, before he pulled Jimin away from you. He embraced you in a hug that was just as tight as Jimin's, his thicker arms feeling strangely more comforting. "I'll just tell him that it was your idea, Jimin." He joked, ignoring the hard slap that his older brother delivered to his side.

"Well, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a bore..." You mumbled awkwardly. While these two weren't as terrifying as the others, you were still nervous around them. They seemed easy to manipulate of course, which meant that it would be beneficial to get close to them...however, they were still related to the other, sick and twisted brothers. The messed up mindsets had to run in the family...

Just make the best of it. You groaned to yourself. It could always be worse. It could be Taehyung and Namjoon alone in a room with you instead of these two...you shuddered at the thought of the two princes who obviously didn't trust you. They'd probably kill me if they were given the chance to.

You gently pushed Jungkook away and straightened out your pale green dress, your face burning under their heavy gazes. "I'm a bit boring...however, I could ask Isabella to make us some tea?" You offered, moving towards a small table near one of the large windows.

The view wasn't very spectacular, with the sky being overcast and the greenery still being dead from the winter chill. However, you had managed to practice pushing forward a brighter, sunnier version of yourself that would surely draw the two brothers even deeper into their love for you. The more distracted and in the clouds they were, the easier it would be to use them.

"Why would you ask for your maid to make you something?" Jimin asked, plopping down in one of the softer-looking blue chairs. "She serves you, you should be ordering her. Her service is satisfactory, right?"