Prophecy Fulfilled

Jungkook was so thirsty. He was so thirsty that it was almost painful. The noises around him were too loud, and the smells rushing his nose were much stronger than he last remembered.

He groaned softly, coughing on the sound due to his dry throat. What happened? The last thing that he remembered was drinking his fourth goblet of wine...laughing at a joke made by Jimin...

Jungkook cracked his eyes open, wincing at the light surrounding him. He felt as though he had been asleep for years, and even the faintest bit of light would send him spiraling into a terrible migrane. It didn't help that the sun was shining directly onto his face. Not only that, but it felt as though the light was slowly roasting his skin.

He was half tempted to simply close his eyes again and let himself go back to sleep, but the thirst that he was feeling was becoming too much to bear. With a grunt, he forced his eyes open again.

He slowly sat up, noting that he was at least still seated in his chair. The table was empty, and the food from dinner was still laid out on the table. With slight annoyance, Jungkook realized that he had passed out with his head in his leftover dinner.

He brought his hand up to his forehead and swiped his fingers across the wet surface. Pulling his hand back, he saw dark brown sauce beginning to drip down his fingers.

"Ugh." He grunted again, reaching forward for a cloth to wipe the mess on. He cleaned his hands, and then made sure to finish with his face.

When he was done, he felt as though he was at least well enough to find something other than wine to drink. His brothers were nowhere in sight, most likely off being drunk somewhere more ideal.

He took one steadying breath, before finally realizing how unnatural it felt. He tried again, resting his hand against his chest as if that would help. After another few strange-feeling deep breaths, his senses focused in on the lack of thumps coming from his heart.

Jungkook shot up from his chair, immediately stumbling from the speed at which he had done so. Confused and growing panicked, his eyes finally zeroed in on Hoseok and Taehyung's bodies, laying on the ground across from him.

They were deathly pale and their bodies were still. Jungkook pushed away from the table and spun around, running his hands through his hair. Then he saw the rest of his brothers, in the same state as the first two.

It was then that his memories began to flood back into his mind. Choking on his wine, feeling hazy and cold, his head drooping and Taehyung yelling. Then darkness. He had been poisoned, and by the looks of it so were the others.

But where were you? And why was Jungkook awake? Why wasn't he breathing, why was his heart still? He was dead, but he wasn't! Jungkook stumbled from the room, unable to stare at his brother's and their lifeless state for long.

If he could just find you...

As he exited the room, he stumbled into a guard who looked extremely shocked to see him up and moving. And...he smelled incredible. Jungkook's mouth began to water, and before he could stop himself, he lunged at the guard.

The man yelped in surprise, attempting to push the smaller man off. But Jungkook wouldn't budge, somehow even stronger than when he had been before he had been poisoned.

As if it was the most natural thing in the world to him, Jungkook plunged his teeth into the guards neck. His canines must have been sharper than before too, somehow, because they pierced through skin with ease.

He began to gulp down the thick red liquid that poured from the gasping guards neck, moaning at the taste. It was like drinking the freshest of waters on a hot day, after months of not drinking anything.