Hush

Sanria loathed everything about you. From the very day she met you, she knew that you would be the cause of her downfall. That stupid expression on your face showed her that you were just as naïve as the other little failures that scurried around the castle.

You were pretty, she did admit. But it wasn't a good thing when you were a lowly servant. It resulted in being singled out by Lords, Princes and Kings who only used you for your body as a break from their dull wives. It always resulted in delusional mindsets and wounded feelings.

Sanria had assumed that you would do something stupid, anger Prince Taehyung or even the King. She was wary of your interactions with the royals, with the possibility of them seeing her as unable to keep her staff in line.

She thought that her downfall would have been because you had spilled a drink on someone one too many times. Or maybe even because you had been caught stealing. You were from a poor village after all, one that Sanria had never heard of before you had arrived.

No, neither of those were the cause of her unfortunate situation. Her tongue had been cut off, not because you had angered a prince, but because she herself had done something to displease him. She had angered him by punishing you, even though you were the one who disrespected him in the first place.

She had been so shocked when Hoseok had asked for her personally after the ball had ended. She was used to being requested by the Queen, and even sometimes Jimin, but never Hoseok.

Within seconds of entering the room to which she had been called to, Sanria had been tackled to the ground by two very large, very muscular guards. Hoseok had wasted no time in telling her exactly what she did wrong, why she was about to be punished.

Sanria wished that you had never come to the castle. If you hadn't come, then Hoseok never would have met you. You never would have been requested to serve at the ball, which meant that you never would have made so many mistakes. Sanria wouldn't have had to beat you, and because she wouldn't have beaten you, Hoseok wouldn't have had a reason to cut her tongue out.

She supposed that she should consider herself lucky. She was alive still, although she did spend a few weeks stuck in a dark dungeon cell. And she also couldn't eat or drink without struggling to swallow. Not to mention that she had been stripped of her title as a head maid, and was looked down upon.

She couldn't find herself willing to be as happy about her life being spared, seeing as she was now you're personal maid. Hoseok's order's of course. She felt disgusted by the prospect of catering to your every need when it was your fault that she was missing a very important body part.

When Sanria learned that she was going to be attending to you, her first thought was to begin plotting your murder. She considered pushing you from your window if you resided on a higher up floor. Then she decided that she wanted to see you cry, so she contemplated simply slicing you up until you bled out.

Slicing your tongue out seemed pretty fantastic too. An eye for an eye, right? But she still wanted to hear you beg for mercy, so that would have to be last. Those thoughts continued for days, until Hoseok finally paid her a visit.

He seemed to already know her twisted thought process, which only made Sanria angrier. He promised her a slow death, slower than any other prisoner in the history of any kingdom, if she harmed you in any way.

Sanria would have scoffed, ignored his warning and simply done it anyways, if it weren't for the fact that she knew that he wasn't bluffing at all. She had heard of the grisly murder of Lady Pyke at Hoseok's hands, she knew that Pyke's murder was only the tip of the iceberg.