Shifting Feelings

Namjoon took a deep breath and raised his fist, finally steeling his nerves enough to knock on the door. It had been a week since the meeting with his brothers, and three things had happened since then:

1. The group of brothers had met a few times to attempt to formulate an advanced plan on how to kill their parents.

2. Jin had managed to track down a former royal advisor who had been in hiding after the King tried to have him killed over false accusations. The advisor agreed to come back to support and help Namjoon after the death of the King and Queen.

3. Namjoon had managed to dream about you every single night throughout the week.

The first dream took place in the gardens during the summer. You were in a blush-colored gown with your hair shining oh-so-prettily in the sun. The smile that you gave him was stunning, made his heart beat fast.

The second dream took place in a dirty, poor village that he was not familiar with. You were donned in rags, and you were lugging a heavy bucket of cloudy water to a small, broken down hut. You didn't even spare him a glance as you passed him.

The third dream took place in a strange room that he did not recognize. You were laying on a large, black couch. You looked tired and weak, your skin slightly ashen against the white robes that you wore. A man, no, Namjoon leaned over you and bit into your neck.

The fourth dream filled Namjoon with jealousy. He watched as a muscular, blonde man laid with you on warm white sand. The blue ocean waves lapped at your bodies as you smiled up at each other, completely ignoring the angry prince standing a foot away.

The fifth dream caused Namjoon to wake up in a panic, the smell of blood still in his nostrils. He had dreamed of your dead body laying next to him on the ground, blood pouring from a large gash in your stomach. Your lifeless eyes stared back at him as he screamed.

The sixth dream was a wedding. He stood in the middle of his six brothers as you approached them in a wedding dress that was whiter than a dove's feathers. You looked serene, peaceful, as you stared at each of them. Every time your eyes left Namjoon, he found himself mentally screaming for you to return your gaze to him and only him.

The seventh dream started out black. But then the scenery changed, turned into the throne room. Namjoon stood in front of the thrones as a clone of himself sat down regally, with you by his side. You stared straight ahead, a stern look on your face. His own clone had a frown that resembled his father's.

Now, Namjoon was ready to confront you. It may have been proven that you were their soulmates, but that didn't mean that it was true that you weren't a witch. Namjoon was sure that you were sending him those dreams to bother him, to prevent him from getting any decent sleep.

His stomach was tying itself in knots, although he wasn't sure why. He was a prince, about to become king as soon as he and his brothers were able to solidify their plan. He should be feeling just as indifferent as he used to.

The idea of the soulmate bond affecting him seemed completely out of the question at first, but now he was second guessing it. He disliked you, however after all of those dreams, he felt so nervous to see you again.

No, it couldn't be the actual bond. It had to be you messing with him, just like the dreams. Namjoon took another deep breath and steeled himself, before landing a harsh knock against your bedroom door.

There was no answer, so he knocked again. Still, silence. He huffed in irritation. "How dare she." He muttered, knocking even harder. "Open up, Y/N! We need to talk." He said loudly.