Your Fault

Jungkook was elated to finally be included in something that was bigger than dinner plans. Even though Taehyung was grouching about the undesirable travel conditions and Jimin was mumbling about the poor food quality, Jungkook's good mood couldn't be killed.

He didn't know much about you other than the fact that his two older brothers were obsessed with you and Taehyung was convinced you were a witch. And also something about you being the soulmate to Jin and Hobi?

He didn't really share the same aggression that Taehyung did, or the simple curiosity that Jimin had. While Taehyung wanted to torture you until you admitted your guilt, Jimin was simply interested in finding out what truly made you special in the eyes of his brothers.

Jungkook, however, firmly believed in soulmates. And he was thrilled to welcome you into their family. He did think it was strange for someone to have more than one soulmate. In all of his favorite childhood fairytales, it had never been mentioned. But he didn't think it mattered. As long as his brothers ended up happy, then he was okay with the anomaly.

Before he left, he had promised Jin and Hoseok that he would bring back their love no matter what. For the first time in years, Hoseok had hugged him tightly and told him that he loved him.

He knew what you looked like. He had caught you staring at Yoongi, after all. He thought you were cute, for a maid at least. And he hadn't seen anything malicious in your gaze, so he didn't think you had anything up your sleeve like Taehyung claimed. And, he hadn't seen Jin so genuinely happy since his first love's death.

Not only was he excited to bring a little bit of happiness back into his brother's lives, but he was elated at the idea of having a sister to look after. As the youngest son, he was always the one that was being taken care of, never being taken seriously. He was the last to find out about everything, and he was babied nonstop. His mother stopped calling him "little prince" only a few months ago. This was his chance to finally be able to take care of someone else.

When he expressed these thoughts to Taehyung and Jimin, they both laughed at him. "What makes you think that mother and father would even allow Jin or Hoseok to marry her? And I say 'or' because Mother would never settle for two men sharing a wife." Jimin had asked. Jungkook didn't have an answer so he simply shrugged. Soulmates were fated to be together, right? So maybe his mother would make an exception to allow his brothers to be happy.

Taehyung had chimed in, his tone heavily condescending. "Yeah, come on Jungkook. Even if father was suddenly able to crack and become kind again, it's not like mother would ever allow it. And I think it's pretty clear that this girl is a witch."

Jungkook couldn't understand what was so unbelievable about soulmates and true love. He knew that someday he would want to find the one he was destined to be with, and he would want his brothers to approve.

As the journey continued on and the group grew closer to the port of Esteria, Jungkook felt himself growing more and more restless. He chalked it up to being so close to the ocean and getting to sail again, even if it was only a brief trip over the sea. When he was a child, his uncle used to bring him on his yearly journey to the Northern sea every summer to watch the giant whales. It was the best two weeks of the year.

When his uncle was executed for treason three years ago, the King forbid Jungkook from making the journey himself back to the Northern sea. This was his punishment for being close to the man who had betrayed him, whether Jungkook had known about the brewing rebellion or not.

As the sun rose on the third day of their journey, Jungkook climbed onto his horse and rushed ahead, ignoring the protests of Taehyung. He could practically smell the ocean from the dirt path that they were headed down, and it fueled his excitement. Only when the sun was finally reaching it's highest point in the sky did sand begin to appear, scattered across the path. In the distance he could make out the shapes of the huts and even the line of calming blue water.