chapter thirty-three

Love is different.  It is so powerful, it can kill everything inside of someone if it is used wrong, or never was true.  One person falls to hard, while the other could care less about it.  For the person who falls to hard, their heart breaks, falls into the stomach.  It causes so much pain, it's hard to think 'why am I not dead?'.  The other doesn't care.  The only reason why they ever wanted to be in the relationship was to has a mate, or they liked the person and then stop when they got what they wanted.

So I lay here, on the floor of the school, doing nothing.  Troy comes over to me to see if I'm okay. 

He tries to touch me.

"Don't you dare touch me!" I scream and run out of the school. 

A lump forms in my throat.  I can't breath.

I'm gasping for air, but I'm still running.

"Carolina!" Troy yells as he runs after me.

My legs are on fire.  My heart breaks even more each time he says my name.

All I want is a hug from someone, from Troy, but that will never happen again.

I'm almost home, a few more feet.  I sprint the rest of the way to my house.  Thanks to my carelessness, the door was unlocked.  The door flies open at my touch.  I don't bother closing it as I charge up the stairs.

"Carolina!"

My stomach aches from the punches, the hits, the kicks.

I go to my room and shut the door.  Instantly, I collapse on the floor. 

The door opens.

"Go away!" I scream at Troy.

"Please Carolina.  We need to talk," He softly says.

I get up, wincing in pain as I do.

Troy tries to help me, but I flinch at his touch.

"T-there is-is nothing to t-talk about," I stutter.

"Yes there is Carolina.  Last night, I was a totally asshole.  I don't be a little one, I was a huge ass hole.  I'm still in shock about Tory.  I'm mad that they took Tory away from me.  That shouldn't be an excuse for acting horrible to you but I can't live without you," He explained.

"Troy. I understand that you want to be with your sister.  But when you said that you wanted a break because you wanted to be with her, that was like getting shot repeatedly.  My whole life has been full of trouble, people leaving me, I can't deal with it anymore.  You were going to leave me!" My voice cracked.

"I know.  I'm so sorry.  Please forgive me and I promise with all of my heart that I won't mess up.  If I do, then you don't have to take me back," His eyes are filled with tears.

My mind is a tornado.  I can't think straight; should I do it? 

I start to shake.

"Troy I swear if you mess this up, I'll kill you," I say.

He smiles and runs to me picks me up and spins me around.

"Thank you so much Carolina!  I love you so freaking much," He whispers in my ear.

I'm crying tears of joy.  This can not be happening.

He sets me down and cups my cheek.

"Why are you crying?" He asked as he looked into my eyes, hoping to find an answer.

"I'm crying tears of joy," I say with a laugh.

He then kisses me.

I missed him so much.

He breaks the kiss.

"Carolina, we have to talk about something," He says and rubs the back of his neck.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Well the police called my mom and said that your family wants to talk to you," Troy says.

"No," I automatically say.

"I understand but you're going to have to talk to them sometime," He explained.

"I know, I know.  I'm just not ready," I say and look down.

"I understand.  Take as long as you need," He says and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Will you come back to my house now?" He asked me.

I nod.

He opens the window and lets me go first.

Once I get into his room, I feel a sudden relief.

"When is Tory starting school?" I ask.

"Tomorrow," Troy simply replies.

"Troy!" Tory yells.

"In my room!" He screams back.

The door opens. Tory is the door frame.

"I have some questions to ask you two," She says and crosses her arms.

"Okay," Troy and I say in unison.

"Yeah don't do that again.  Anyway you two share a room?" She asked.

We both nod.

"Okay then.  Well that's all I wanted to ask," She says and walks out.

Love is a crazy thing.  You have to fight your hardness to have it.  You will loose something, but you'll gain something.  It sucks but everyone will go through the pain.

Authors comments.

Hello readers!  I wanted to say that I am thinking about finishing this book soon, which will end the series. 

Please comment if you would like a third book. 

Love,

Sophie.